Chapter 41

1 month later: February

Calum’s POV

I crept into our bedroom with the tray with Amy’s breakfast prepared sitting on it. I placed it on the dressing table and tiptoed over to the bed. Amy was laid curled up under the duvet asleep. She looked so gorgeous asleep and I nearly had to pinch myself to remind me that this was real life and not a dream. She had made me the happiest man alive.

I sat down on the bed beside her and gently stroked her face to wake her up “Amy, wake up babe” I whispered gently to her.

I watched her stir as she stretched and eventually opened her eyes “hey” she whispered smiling back at me

“Good morning sunshine” I beamed “I made you breakfast”

She sat up and grinned “what’s the occasion?” she asked

“Why do I need an occasion to cook my beautiful girlfriend breakfast?” I smirked

She shrugged her shoulders and smiled as I got up to get her tray “I made your favorite” I smiled “pancakes with strawberries”

She grinned “thank you Cal. But really what’s the occasion?” she laughed

“You’ll see” I grinned as I took my seat again

She looked at me intrigued but soon began eating her breakfast. Half way through she stopped “err Cal what’s this lump in my pancake?” she prodded it with her knife “it’s really hard”

“Oh I don’t know, you better take a look at it” I laughed

“Cal what are you up to?” she laughed as she started to investigate the lump. She soon came to a stop and looked up at me “Cal why is there a ring?” she whispered

I got off the bed and went down on one knee beside the bed looking up at her. She gasped and tears were threatening to spill from her eyes. I took her hands and looked into her eyes.

“Amy Jenkins you have made my life so complete and I don’t know where I would be without you babe. We’ve been through ups and downs but we’ve become stronger through it all. I’ve asked your dads permission and he has agreed. Babe I want you to be my wife. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want us to build a future together and I want us to have children and grow old together. Amy will you marry me?” I asked then taking a breath as I watched Amy take all this in and I waited for my answer.

She looked straight at me and squeezed my hand “babe of course I will” she grinned. I was ecstatic! I bounded onto the bed in her arms and placed the ring on her finger. I then bent down and placed a kiss on her lips as she then kissed me back passionately. Amy had made me the happiest man alive. She had said yes! We then celebrated the best way we knew how!

Amy’s POV

I still can’t believe it! Me and Cal are engaged to be married. After everything we’ve been through together, good things are finally happening for us! I quickly got ready and we went round to see Sarah and Jake.

“Hey guys we weren’t expecting you round today!” Jake grinned as he opened the door for us “come on in, Sarah’s in the lounge”

We followed him through to the lounge and found Sarah lying on the sofa watching TV.

“Oh hey, sorry about my appearance, we weren’t expecting company” she laughed

We took a seat on the sofa and then Cal cleared his throat to speak “we have some news” he smiled

Sarah caught my eye and grinned at me “were engaged” I laughed as Sarah waddled over to me and pulled me up into a hug as Cal and Jake had a man hug.

“Oh darl I’m so happy for you! Please wait until I’ve lost my baby weight though!” Sarah laughed

“Who says your coming?” I joked which earned me a whack on the arm. Should have remembered she’s violent at the minute due to her hormones!

“Amy I’m so happy for you” Jake grinned as he walked over to me and gave me a hug “but please don’t upset my wife” he laughed

We spent the rest of the afternoon with Jake and Sarah talking about their baby and what kind of wedding we might want.

“So shall we ring our parents?” I asked as we got back home

“Yeah I guess we better had” Cal replied smiling “you are soon to be Mrs Wright” he told me as he pulled me into a hug

“I can’t wait babe” I replied as I placed my arms around his neck and planted my lips on his.

He pulled away “right come on before you distract me!” he laughed

We went our separate ways to ring our parents. My mum picked up straight away

“Hi mum” I answered

“Oh darling how are you?” mum asked

“I’m really good mum. I’ve got some news for you” I smiled

“Oooo do tell!” I heard her squeal down the phone

“Cal proposed to me and were engaged” I proudly told her

“Ahhhhhhhhh! Oh my god Amy!!! I’m so happy for you” mum screamed down the phone making me laugh “oh I can’t wait to tell your father when he gets back from golf! But darling we must meet Cal’s parents ASAP!”

“Yes mum we will arrange something” I smiled

“Oh Amy I’m just so happy for you! Ill ring you later ok? I love you my darling. Send my love and congratulations to Cal”

“I will mum. Love you too”

I heard Cal creep up on me “well mums happy” I told him smiling

“Oh good mine too” he grinned

“Mum wants to meet your parents” I told him

He laughed “that’s funny. My mum said exactly the same!”

I smiled “I guess we better introduce them then”

“It’s going to be like meet the fockers” he laughed

“I bloody hope not! Come here and give me a kiss” I told him

“I can do better than that” he laughed and he walked over and picked me up bridal style “come on Mrs Wright let me show you how much I love you” he smirked as he carried me upstairs.

I liked the sound of Mrs Wright :)

Authors note

Oh I loved writing this chapter! But Broken is coming to an end very soon :(

Once again thank you to the few of you who vote. It really is a shame that more of you don't. It really does make me smile when I see a vote or even a very rare comment! Let me know what you think of the story! You've taken the time to read it so please just spare 30 seconds to vote and comment :) and if you check out my other story, I will be forever grateful :)

Much love to those of you who do though, I really do appreciate it :)

But now as im English, its of course cup of tea and biscuit time :)

Leanne xxx