A Close Call

I tried not to seem annoyed when Gerard dropped me round the corner the next day. I knew it wasn't his fault. I wasn't annoyed at him. I was annoyed at our whole situation. No one would accept it. We had to keep it to ourselves.

Gerard was in his usual vivacious mood in lesson. If not even happier. I liked to think that I had something to do with that because I more or less felt exactly the same.

Again, I practically skipped back to his classroom for the free. He was at his desk, on his laptop. I shut the door behind me and smiled as soon as he looked at me.

"I'm just finishing this piece of work." He said as he smiled back at me, "I'll be but a moment."

"Okay." I walked over to the desk, dropped my bag round the side of it and leant against the stage, waiting. I was in the mood for a make out session if I was being honest. Although, when wasn't I?

The only sound in the room was him typing on the laptop keys. I waited silently, not wanting to interrupt. While I did, I got my phone out and started scrolling down Tumblr. There was a lot of sex on my dash this morning. It seemed to fit with our own theme.

After a few minutes, I heard a cough. I looked up to see him standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Okay, Iero?" He smirked.

I grinned and put my phone in my jeans pocket. "Yeah. Are you, Way?"

He raised one of his eyebrows. "That's Mr Way."

I felt cocky so I replied, "What about Gerard?"

I watched as he bit his lip and slowly moved towards me. "Formalities in the classroom."

"And yet you call me 'Iero'." I stated, getting down off the stage so I was in front of him.

One of his hands laced itself into the back of my hair and his other rested on my hip. "Whatever will I do with you?" His voice was lower and quieter than before.

I placed my hands against his chest and started fiddling with his tie. He didn't wear one often but he was wearing one today. It was a plain black one and it was pretty loose, with the first two top buttons of his shirt undone. I was very tempted to undo it.

"There are many things I'd let you do to me." I smirked at him. My confidence around him had grown a lot since we'd first gotten together.

He hummed in response before moving closer and kissing me. I was only happy to join in, kissing him back deeply.

We soon had our bodies pressed against each other's and our arms were tangled together.

I had to pull away after a while so I could breathe properly again. Gerard took this time to kiss down my neck and help me shrug out of my hoodie.

I really couldn't find the strength to stop him when he kissed my neck. It just felt too good.

He only pulled away to pull my t-shirt over my head.

As soon as my t-shirt was off and I was about to drop it onto the floor, something happened.

There was a knock on the classroom door and someone called, "Mr Way?"

My eyes widened and we suddenly heard the door beginning to open.

"Shit!" Gerard whispered and turned to see who was coming in.

My first thought was to run round the side of the stage and jump down onto the floor. I managed to do some sort of roll so it didn't make a huge thump. I then stayed as still as possible as I listened to what was happening. I think I'd managed to hide just in time.

"Oh, I wasn't sure if you'd be in here." It was a woman. It sounded like another teacher. The voice was too mature to be a student.

"Ah yes," Gerard cleared his throat. I could almost see him fixing his hair. "I spend the majority of my free lessons in the comfort of my own company. What can I assist you with?"

I realised I still had my t-shirt in my hand but I didn't dare to move. I knew I couldn't be seen unless they came round the side of the stage but that was unlikely because it was behind his desk.

"I was just wondering if you were planning on going to the Homecoming Dance next week? I'll be working the drinks table."

I'd forgotten about Homecoming. I never went to shit like that anyway.

But what was this woman implying? Was she asking out my guy? Okay, now was not the time to get jealous.

"I was not planning on partaking in such an event. Is it mandatory for teachers?" Of course Mr Way was oblivious to this woman's flirting. At least, it sounded like flirting to me.

"Oh um no. It is for members of the committee like me. Some others like to come though so I was wondering if you were."

It was quiet for a second while Gerard thought about it. "I shall have to see if my diary is free on that particular day. I'll get back to you."

"Oh okay." I could hear a smile in her voice, "I'll see you at lunch in a bit?"

"Yes, of course." Gerard replied.

She was supposed to leave then but instead, she said, "There's a jacket on the floor by the stage."

My breath caught in my throat. Fuck.

"Ah, so there is." Gerard didn't sound nervous or anything. He sounded the complete opposite of how I felt. "A student of mine must have misplaced it."

"I get that a lot." The female teacher said, "I'm always taking a load of stuff to lost and found. Anyway, see you later."

"Until then."

A moment later, the door shut. I still didn't move though just in case. I still felt frozen. What would have happened if she hadn't have knocked?

"You can come out now, Frank."

I slowly stood up to see him staring at the door with his back towards me. I didn't dare to speak. I had no words. What was I supposed to say?

"That was too close." Gerard said quietly.

---

I'm going to try and update every Friday or maybe more than once a week.

-Beth :3