Parent's Evening

"As you are all aware, it is parent's evening tomorrow. I have a sheet here with times on. If you'd all like to put your names next to a time, I would be most grateful. Preferably nothing after seven."

The class got up and crowded around the sheet that was on his desk. I decided to wait until everyone was done. Mr Way probably wouldn't hate on me if I was after seven. After all, I'd like to think I was one of his favourites.

Parent's evening though. I hated parent's evening. It was such a waste of time. It was basically just a chance for teachers to tell my mom how shit I am at every subject.

By the time I finally got to the times sheet, the bell rang and everyone started leaving.

Sir was sat at his desk and he looked up from some marking he was doing when I was in front of his desk. "And what time will I be seeing you tomorrow evening, Iero?"

I looked down to see what times were left. "Looks like it'll be ten past seven." I smirked.

He tutted. "Cutting it a bit close."

I shrugged and wrote my name next to the time. Maybe I could count on him to actually give me a positive report.

When parent's evening finally came about, my other teachers lived up to my expectations and moaned about my lack of involvement and failure to do most of my homework. It was the same every time. Yada yada yada.

Mr Way was my last teacher to see so me and my mom went to his room at ten past seven. I would have preferred for him to not meet my mom. It was just another reminder of how much younger I was.

A girl from my class and her parents were leaving his room by the time we got there.

"Who's this then?" My mom asked.

"Drama." I mumbled before knocking on the door. When I heard him call for us to come in, I opened the door and led my mom in.

Mr Way was sat behind his desk and stood up when we walked over. "Good evening." He held a hand out over the desk, "I'm Mr Way. I took over the Drama department at the beginning of this semester. It's nice to meet you."

"Linda Iero." My mom smiled and shook his hand.

"Please, take a seat." Mr Way gestured for us to sit down on the seats in front of the desk.

We both sat down and he did again too. "So..." He started looking down at a piece of paper, searching for my name. "Frank, Frank, Frank..."

I felt super awkward even though nothing was happening. I couldn't imagine how my mom would react if she found out about us.

Mr Way looked up and smiled. "What can I say about Frank? He's one of my favourite students."

"Really?" My mom seemed slightly surprised. I couldn't blame her really. Especially after hearing teachers slag me off all evening.

"Absolutely." He nodded, his smile never leaving, "He has been an asset to his group in terms of characterisation and physicality. Additionally, he is the only student of mine who has come after class for extra tuition. As a result, his acting and perception of his character has improved greatly."

My mom raised her eyebrows at me. "Why didn't you tell me you were actually good at a subject?"

"Thanks, Mom." I rolled my eyes.

She patted my shoulder. "I didn't mean it like that."

Mr Way laughed lightly. "He is more than good, Mrs Iero. He has great potential."

My mom was grinning, apparently elated by this fact.

I felt a little embarrassed. I hadn't expected him to talk me up quite so much. I didn't know how to react.

"That's great to hear." My mom said to him, "He's not doing too well in any other class."

"Mom." I sighed, sinking down in my seat. I didn't want the guy I was romantically involved with to hear this.

"That's a shame, Frank." Gerard smiled at me, "It's a good thing you're doing so well in my class."

"Uh yeah..." Hopefully I didn't blush too obviously.

He turned back to my mom. "There isn't much else I can say. He is a highly capital student and I look forward to continue working with him."

My mom beamed at him. "I'm glad you like him so much. He has more potential then he realises so I'm happy he's finally showing it."

I was glad he liked me so much too.

"As am I." Mr Way agreed, standing up to shake her hand again.

My mom shook it and then Gerard turned to me.

"I shall see you in class, Frank." He apparently wanted to shake my hand as well.

"Yeah." I shook it, feeling like I was taking part in some charade or something.

He smiled and let go of my hand. "Looking forward to some exceptional work."

I nodded, still feeling embarrassed and led my mom back out of the room.

"Have a nice evening." Mr Way called after us.

My mom and I walked to the car in silence before she asked, "How old is he? He seems too young to work in a high school."

"Um I don't know." I lied. "I think this might be his first job."

"Makes sense." My mom unlocked the car, "Anyway, I'm proud of you. You do have talent. I told you so."

"Yeah, thanks." I mumbled before getting into the car.

---

Hahahahahahahahahathisstoryisshithahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Thanks for reading.

(((hidden spon: I just uploaded a new video to my youtube channel if you feel like checking it out
>>> CaffeinatedSkittle <<< )))

-Beth :3