Complicated Vocabulary

"How is everyone on this fine day? Did you all wake up this morning and think, 'Score! I've got drama first lesson!'?"

Mr Way looked around. "No?" He raised an eyebrow and smiled a little.

I hadn't thought those exact words but mine had been pretty close.

"Well that's too bad," He said when no one replied, "I was beginning to like you guys as well."

No one spoke still which still was a bit of a shock because come on, my class could outtalk a bunch of politicians.

"Honestly," He jumped down from where he was sitting on the edge of the stage, "I don't bite. You can talk to me."

This didn't encourage anyone to do so though. I guess we were all still a little intimidated by him. This was only our second lesson with him though so what would you expect?

Mr Way had given up by the looks of it. "I've been pondering what play you should do for your next scripted piece," He walked over to his desk.

Our eyes followed him and we watched as he picked up his briefcase, with his back to us.

"I've narrowed it down to my two favourites. I'd like your input since you'll be the ones putting on the play."

He faced us again and smiled. "I think it's story time. Let's have a look through these shall we?"

Not expecting an answer, he strode back over to the stage and sat on the edge of it once more.

"Come and sit closer," He gestured towards him, "It'll be just like first grade again. Come and sit around your gracious leader."

I smirked. He really did love to give himself fancy titles, didn't he?

We all shuffled forward a little.

"Now," He began, "I think we shall have to split the class in two. Yes, that'll work nicely." He seemed to be talking to himself.

The rest of the lesson consisted of him telling us about the two plays and occasionally asking for our input.

We didn't speak very much though.

Eventually, the bell went.

I reluctantly put my bag on and followed everyone else out of the door.

"I shall see you all tomorrow," Mr Way called.

I hated leaving his room. It was the only place in this school that I found remotely interesting. And the only reason for that was Mr Way.

Obviously.

When it was time for my free period, I headed straight to his room. I hoped he was still okay with me spending the hour there.

I hesitantly knocked on the door and waited.

After a moment, I heard, "Enter!"

I smirked and opened the door.

He was sitting cross-legged on top of his desk, looking at his phone.

When I shut the door behind me, he looked up and smiled. "Ah, Mr Iero! What a pleasure."

I blushed a little. To be honest, I was surprised he remembered my name.

"I suppose you're here to spend some quality time with your favourite mentor?"

"Something like that," I found myself saying.

"I don't blame you," He grinned and swung his legs over the front of the desk, "I am highly cerebral."