His Flower

**CONTAINS SMUT**

---

I had never wished that I was eighteen more than ever. At eighteen, I could drop out of school and be with Gerard without it being an issue. At eighteen, everything would be perfect.

But no. I was seventeen. A stupid, little seventeen year old. It wasn't like I was even close to eighteen either. Fuck.

The only immediate plan of action I could think of was pretending nothing was happening but that wouldn't work because someone already knew and all of this was a waste of time and we were going to get found out and Gerard would be sent to prison and oh, God, I was babbling.

I made myself take a deep breath before going into Drama the next day. I hadn't spoken to him since before he had fallen asleep the night before and if I was being honest, I was a little apprehensive. I was hoping that he looked a bit more rested.

My worst fears were realised though when I entered the classroom to find a substitute teacher sat at his desk in his chair. Who the fuck.

Only one student made an enquiry as to where he was but the sub didn't really give us much of an answer. She just said he was "feeling under the weather". Fuck that.

I decided to skip the rest of the day. What was the point? I'd given up on my education long ago and I needed to know that he was okay. I knew there was no point in calling or messaging him.

So that meant another trip to his house in less than twenty-four hours after the first one. I was nothing if not consistent.

I managed to escape unnoticed while the rest of the school were going to second period. It wasn't exactly an arduous task.

The walk to his house seemed longer than usual and by the time I was knocking on his front door, I was second-guessing myself. What if he had packed his bags and left without saying goodbye? No note or anything? It was definitely a possibility. Especially given how flustered he had been when we had last spoken.

Oh, shit, he had gone hadn't he? But his car was in the drive. That didn't mean that he hadn't ordered a cab to the airport or something. Shit. Fuck. This was it. His brother was going to answer and say he had disappeared in the night and the police were looking and shit-

"Frank." Gerard's face was frowning when he had opened the door, "Why ever are you not in school?"

"Why aren't you in school?" I counteracted, relieved that he was actually at home. My mind was an asshole that jumped to conclusions.

He seemed to look behind me, as if looking out for anyone, before pulling me inside and shutting the door. "This is not right." He seemed to be saying, "I have corrupted your education desideratum."

"I just wanted to know you were okay." I explained, ignoring the complicated word, "Why aren't you at school?"

He stared at me blankly for a moment before replying, "I was feeling a tad overwhelmed." He then turned and went into the kitchen.

I followed. "I know you're scared but I told you, I'm here-"

"Frank, we are getting nowhere." He turned to look at me again, "The conclusion we have come to has not altered. This will never work."

I just stared at him, wishing what he was saying wasn't true. This was. Fucked up.

"What now then?" I asked in a small voice.

"Again," He sighed, "This is where we are perplexed. Perhaps we should..." He looked down and took a deep breath before looking up and continuing, "Leave things alone."