Chapter Nine: Adam and Jimmy

I was sat out by a lake, on a peninsula, staring at the sky colored lake.

"Sittin' in the mornin' sun. I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes. Watching the ships roll in, and then I'll watch 'em roll away again," I sang lightly. "I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay, watching the tide roll away. Oh, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay wastin' time." I sang.

"Henry!" I heard Dean. I stood up, knowing this peaceful morning wouldn't last. I ran up the hill to Dean and Sam.

"Yeah?" I asked. I was up driving most of the night. I'd parked just a little over an hour ago and walked down to the lake.

"We got a call," Sam said. "On dad's phone."

~

We met this kid, Adam, at a place in Minnesota.

"Dean, look, best I can tell, Adam Milligan is real. Um, born September 29, 1990, to Kate Milligan. No father listed on the birth certificate. He's an eagle scout, graduated from high school with honors, and currently goes to the University of Wisconsin. Biology major, pre-med," Sam said as I got out of the car and watched him talk and Dean dig through the trunk. This whole thing had Dean pissed. I glanced at Sam sadly. "Dean, you listening?" Sam asked.

"This is a trap." he said and shut the trunk. I rolled my eyes and walked after him.

"Like none of us have never slept with someone on a case." I said, looking at Sam.

"Really? Have you? Because, last I checked, you've never even had a crush until Cass." Dean said.

"Hey! That's not true. Taylor Lautner was my crush when I was about, what? Ten." I said.

"Shark boy?" he asked and I nodded.

"And I do not have a crush on Cass." I said and he scoffed.

"The way you look at him-"

"Guys!" Sam yelled and we both looked at him. "Let's just go meet the kid."

We walked into the small restaurant we said we'd meet him at, or that the boys said we'd meet him at. The bell dinged, Dean pulled a chair to the other side of the table, I sat in it while they sat in the ones that were already there.

"Dean, I'm telling you, the kid checks out." Sam said.

"Great, so he's an actual person on the planet Earth. Sucks he's got a demon in him." Dean said and I--once again--rolled my eyes at him.

"Hi. Welcome to Cousin Oliver's. Can I-"

"We're actually waiting on somebody." Dean interrupted her and I stomped on his foot and smiled sweetly at the waitress as she threw our menus down.

"Thank you." Sam and I thanked her as she quickly walked away. I glared at Dean. Partially because he's an idiot and partially because he was just rude to the person that gives us food. If she doesn't spit in his, I will. I watched him pour out some water in a plant and fill the cup with holy water.

"Holy water?" Sam asked.

"Really?" I added.

"Yep, one sip of Jesus juice, this evil bitch is gonna be in a world of hurt." Dean said, setting the cup down on his side.

"And what if he's not possessed?" Sam asked.

"Then he is a shapeshifter." Dean said, switching his silverware with actual silver.

"Hence the silver." Sam said.

"Look, either way, this thing is gonna bleed. I mean, using dad as bait? That's the last mistake of it's short, pitiful life."