Chapter Twenty Six: Oh, Brother

So, as it had turned out, while I was incapacitated, Dean ran away to God-knows-where. We found his place (pretty easily, might I add) and showed up for an unexpected visit. Sam and I were to go in first, and Cass was to come in afterwards to zap us all out of there. When we got in, there were boxes everywhere to be sent to different people.

"Sending someone a candy-gram?" Sam started to get Dean's attention.

"How'd you find me?"

"You're gonna kill yourself, right?" Sam asked. I stood right next to my taller younger brother, keeping my arms crossed, "It's not too hard to figure out the stops on the farewell tour. How's Lisa doing, anyways?"

"I'm not gonna kill myself," Dean argued, shaking his head.

"Like Hell, you're not gonna kill yourself. You're planning on saying yes to Michael, which in turn, is going to end up killing everyone you love and then yourself," I snapped and he looked at me, taken aback.

"What the Hell, man? This is how it ends? You just... Walk out?" Sam asked and Dean sighed, pouring himself a glass of some kind of alcohol, "How could you do that?" Sam asked with so much venom in the words.

"How could I?" Dean questioned, "All you've ever done is run away!"

"And I was wrong every single time I did," Sam said and sighed, "Even then, how could you do that to Rhett... To Bobby?"

Dean looked at me before looking down at his drink, causing me to look down at the floor. Wow...

"Just... Please... Not now. Bobby is working on something," Sam begged.

"Oh, really? What?" Dean asked, walking around the room, "You got nothing and you know it."

"Dean, we've come so far without any of us giving in. You, Sam, me. So far, we haven't been losing," I tried.

"But we haven't been winning either, Henry. I have to do this."

"We have to stop you."

"You can try, but just remember, Sam's not all hopped up on Demon blood and you don't know what you're capable of," Dean challenged.

"We know."

"But we brought help," Sam added just as Cass appeared with a flap of his wings. Dean turned around and Cass put two fingers to his forehead, zapping us all to Bobby's.

When we got to Bobby's, we all started discussing a plan that didn't involve Dean turning himself over to Michael.

"Yeah, no, this is good, really. Eight months of turned pages and screwed pooches, but tonight-tonight's when the magic happens," Dean said sarcastically.

"You ain't helping," Bobby grumbled, turning pages in his book.

"Yeah, well, why don't you let me get out of your hair, then?" Dean asked, wanting to leave to go say yes, no doubt. Bobby looked up with so much offense on his face.

"What the Hell happened to you?" he questioned angrily.

"Reality happened. Nuclear's the only option we have left. Michael can ice the Devil, save a boatload of people," Dean replied, but none of us believed that was our only option.

"But not all of them. We gotta think of something else," Bobby argued.

"Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say, but if Lucifer burns this mother down and I could have done something about it, guess what-that's on me," Dean exclaimed.

"You can't give up, son," Bobby said, causing Dean to scoff a laugh, look down, and shake his head before responding.

"You're not my father. And you ain't in my shoes."