Chapter Thirteen: Away

"Who's that?" Sam asked while I took a couple steps toward them.

"The one who resurrected me and put you on that airplane. The one who began everything," Cass looked to all of us. "God. I'm gonna find God."

~

"God?" Dean asked.

"Yes," Cass confirmed. "He isn't in heaven. He has to be somewhere."

"Try New Mexico, I hear he's on a tortilla." Dean said and I held in a giggle. Cass thought for a second.

"No, he's not on any flatbread." Cass said. And the giggle is released.

"Listen Chuckles, even if there is a God, he is either dead-and that's the generous theory-" Dean got cut off.

"He is out there, Dean-"

"Or he's up and kicking and doesn't give a rats ass about any of us," Dean finished his sentence and I looked up to both of them. "I mean, look around you, man. The world is in the toilet. We are literally in the end of days here, and he's off somewhere drinking booze out of a coconut. Alright." Dean said, walking around, while Cass wasn't facing him, but I was. Cass turned around.

"Enough," he said and once again I backed up and started eating invisible popcorn, gaining a glare from Dean. I shrugged. "This is not a theological issue. It's strategic. With God's help, we can win."

"It's a pipe dream, Cass." Dean said.

"I killed two angels this week," Cass said quieter, taking a couple steps toward Dean. I mimicked his moves with a facial expression of sadness mixed with anger. I earned myself a bitch face from Sam as Cass continued. "My brothers. I'm hunted. I rebelled. And I did it, all of it, for you. And you failed. You and your brother and sister destroyed the world. And I lost everything... For nothing," at this point I stopped eating fake ice cream and hid my true hurt, looking at Cass with fake hurt and a hand over my heart. "So keep your opinions to yourself."

"You didn't drop in just to tear us a new hole. What is it you want?" Bobby asked and I backed up as I was one step behind Cass. I continued eating my fake popcorn and put a finger to my eye, dragging it down my cheek with a pouty frown.

"I did come for something. An amulet." Cass said, still quietly as he looked from Dean to Bobby.

"An amulet?" Bobby and I said in unison.

"What kind?" Bobby asked.

"Very rare, very powerful. It burns hot in God's presence. It'll help me find him." Cass said. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, even though he was turned away from me. I stuffed more invisible popcorn in my mouth and puffed out my cheeks, looking to Sam with a smile. He rolled his eyes at me but looked back to Cass.

"A-A God EMF?" Sam asked.

"Well, I don't know what you're talking about. I got nothing like that." Bobby said.

"I know. You don't." Cass replied before looking at Dean. Dean looked at him in confusion and I started rapidly eating my imaginary popcorn, biting my finger and wincing, shaking it off. I saw Cass clench his hand but still stare at Dean. I'd assumed he'd looked at his necklace because Dean looked down at his necklace.

"What, this?" Dean asked, raising his eyebrows.

"May I borrow it?" Cass asked and I looked at Sam. We had both picked it out for dad but when he didn't show, Sam and I decided Dean deserved it more.

"No." Dean answered.

"Dean. Give it to me." Cass commanded. Dean looked from Cass to the necklace before back to Cass as he started to take off the necklace.