Chapter Twenty Five: The WhOrE

"Drive faster, Dean."

"I can't!"

"They're gaining on us!"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm amazing."

"You ever seen that many?"

"No. No way, not in one place."

"What the hell?"

"Dean!"

Everything was going so fast, I could barely understand who was speaking or what was going on. We were ambushed my demons, Sam was hurt, I was having a panic attack, and we were about to crash right into a burning truck. Dean stepped on the brakes so fast, they made an awful screeching noise.

"Dammit!" Dean swore and everything began to slow back down as I breathed heavily in the backseat. Dean backed out to turn the car around, but as soon as he stopped, someone smashed out our windows. Everything seemed to slow down as demons got a hold of my arms and began to pull me out of the broken window. I felt my shirt lift and some of the jagged glass cut up my back, making me cry out in pain. I squeezed my eyes shut tight and when I opened them, I felt power course through my veins. I turned around and the demons let go and drew back like they were pushed.

I looked at my brothers and went to help them when I heard a hose and the demons were doused with what I could only suspect to be holy water. I reeled back, not wanting it to touch me as the other demons screamed with pain. I looked out the now broken windows from a little bit further away to see some people on top of a firetruck. They began speaking some foreign language that I couldn't understand but seemed familiar and once they finished, all of the demons smoked out of the people the were possessing with another loud scream, leaving all of the bodies laying on the ground. I looked at my brothers in shock.

"Well, that's something you don't see everyday." Dean spoke first, and I couldn't tell if he was shocked or impressed. We all slowly climbed out of the car and I grimaced at the holy water, but then looked up at the people who had saved us.

"You three all right?" a man with blond hair, a beard the same color, wearing a tan coat over other clothes and holding a gun asked, walking towards us. My brothers looked around and when they looked back at the people, they looked very, very, shaken up.

"Peachy." Dean nodded and I held back a snort.

"Be careful. It's... Dangerous around here." the blond man warned and began walking away. I knew we should figure out more about them, but they seemed to hate demons and have a lot of holy water, so I kept my mouth shut and let Sam and Dean do all the talking.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, wait." Dean said, rushing after them. I mentally face palmed, knowing this was exactly what I'd expected.

"No need to thank us." the guy said, holding up his hand for a second. Cocky, much? We weren't going to thank them in the first place.

"No, hold up a sec! Who are you?" Dean questioned aggressively. The stranger turned back to us to keep talking.

"We're the sacrament Lutheran militia." he said.

"I'm sorry--the what?" Dean asked, perplexed.

"I hate to tell you this, but those were demons, and this is the apocalypse. So... buckle up."

"Really? Wow..." I said in a slightly sarcastic, slightly mocking tone of voice.

We decided to show their group all our weapons to show them that we were with them, despite our little run in with the demons. After all this excitement, I'd almost forgotten about the pain from the cut on my back, but grabbed the first aid kit as soon as I saw it. I pulled up the back of my shirt and tried to twist around just enough to see it while Sam, Dean, and the rest of the other group talked. I winced as I wrapped gauze around my entire midsection, then returned to the group and the conversation once I was done. I tossed the first aid kit back in the trunk.