Chapter Twenty Two: Hungry (Part Two)

I had to distance myself from Cass, not because I wanted to, but because with everything that was going on, the way that I was acting when I was around him was not natural. It was like I couldn't even stand in a room with him without wanting him in every sexual way possible, and that was not me.

There had been more deaths, all weird and all suicides and none having the Cupid mark, which ruled Cupid and love out. Sam had just gotten back from the coroners with a briefcase, which he explained that he'd seen a demon carrying it.

So, I mean, of course we were going to open it.

"What the Hell does a demon got to do with this, anyway?" Dean asked confused, to which I just shrugged and Sam sighed.

"Believe me, I got no idea." he said. He seemed almost on edge, so I put a hand on his back for comfort.

"You okay?" Dean asked, noticing it as well.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be all right." Sam said and nodded. Dean and I glanced at each other, obviously not believing him, but neither of us pressed on it as we turned our attention back to the case.

"Let's crack her open. What's the worst that could happen, right?" Dean asked and I frowned.

"That is the last thing you want to say in a horror movie." I pointed out and he rolled his eyes before we crouched down to put in the lock password and pop open the case. As soon as it did, a bright-almost blinding light appeared and I almost instantly recognized it. While they shielded their eyes, I stared directly at it until it calmed down enough for them to look at it.

"What the Hell was that?" Dean asked.

"It's a human soul." We heard a familiar voice behind us and turned to see Cass. I immediately felt that urge once more and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't help but move closer to him, taking time to notice the fast food bag in his hands. Dean and Sam both grabbed one of my arms each to stop me, but my feet kept trying to move. "It's starting to make sense." he said and took a bite out of his burger.

"Now, what about that makes sense?" Sam asked, not letting go of me or even loosening his grip.

"And when did you start eating?" Dean added.

"Let me be that sandwich." I mumbled, staring at him.

"And why is she acting like a prostitute?"

"Excuse me?" I looked at my brother, offended.

"Exactly." Cass said and I looked at him.

"Excuse me?" I asked again, even more offended.

"No, not that." he said to me. "My hunger, her hormones--it's a clue, actually." Cass replied to the boys.

"For what?" they asked in unison, but I felt that urge again and as they had loosened their grips, I was able to slip out of their grasps and get to Cass, kissing his neck while he continued to explain to the boys, basically ignoring me.

"This town is not suffering from some love-gone-wrong effect. It's suffering from hunger. Starvation, to be exact." Cass said, walking up to the boys while I followed, now kissing the back of his neck, up to his ear. If I wasn't under this spell thing, then I might've been able to figure out that he meant famine before he said it. "Specifically... Famine." he said and I paused for a moment before continuing my kisses, nibbling on his ear a little bit and wondering how he could just carry on like nothing was happening. Probably because he knew I wasn't just doing this out of my own free will?

Although, I probably would...

No! Bad Rhett!

"Famine?" Sam repeated as if to make sure he'd heard him right. Cass nodded, still chewing his burger bite. "A-as in the horseman?"