Taking a Back Road- (Larry Sylinson)

**WARNING: CONTAINS SMUT**

*Harry’s POV*

            “Two tickets for the 9:30 showing of You’re Next,” I said reaching into my pocket for the money. “Here you go, enjoy the movie.” He hands me the tickets and I hand Louis his ticket. He gulps before saying, “Remind me again why I’m seeing this movie with you.” I chuckle and say, “Because Lou, you were the only one brave enough to come see it with me. Everybody else was too chicken to.” He nods, “Brave, yeah that’s it.”  “Come on Lou, it’ll be fine, I’m here and I won’t let anything happen to you,” I assure him. “Somehow, I doubt that Style,” he laughs. I mock fake anger and stomp into the theater, Louis following behind.

            “Lou, uncover your eyes. Nothing has even happened yet,” I whisper to him. “You sure,” he questions. I reach over and pull his hands away from his eyes, “I’m positive.” He shakily places his hands in his lap. “Haha Lou did you see that arrow go clean through that guy’s head,” I laugh. No answer. I look over and Louis has his eyes clenched shut. I reach over and place my hand on his, giving it a small reassuring squeeze. I saw him relax at my touch and I smiled. “Lou, its just a movie, none of it is true. If you open your eyes and watch it you might find that you like it,” I whispered to him while studying the delicate features on his face. “The only place I would enjoy this movie is in your dreams,” he said, his eyes still squeezed shut. ‘Well in my dreams this isn’t what we’d be doing right now,’ I thought. I turned to face the screen again moving my hand reluctantly away from his, only to find him clutching my arm tightly. I smiled and continued to watch the movie.

            “That girl was a ninja Lou, did you see the way she handled that situation,” I rambled on about the movie while Louis just nodded to show he was listening. We hopped in the car and about fifteen minutes into the drive, I saw a back road I knew that barely anybody drove on. I noticed Louis stiffen when I turned onto the road. “H-Harry, what are you doing,” he questioned nervously. “Nothing,” I answered with a devious grin on my face. Tonight was the night; I was going to tell Louis exactly how I felt about him. I couldn’t keep it a secret any longer. He made it too hard to keep it to myself, the way he was so lovey and all touchy-feely, I attuned that to having four younger sisters, but I couldn’t help but maybe hope he felt the same way.

            I pulled the car to the side of the road and shut it off. “Harry,” Lou asked, “is everything okay?” I gulped and thought, ‘I can do this.’ I turned to face him and took a deep breath to calm myself down a little. A look of concern flashed across his beautiful face. Damn, why did he have to make this so hard for me to do? “Well, Louis there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you for a while now and I just have never had the guts to do it,” I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. He gave me a confused look and said, “But Harry, we’ve been friends forever, you know you can tell me anything without having to be afraid.” He placed his hand gently on mine which was now lying on my lap. My breath hitched. “Harry, you’re starting to worry me. Tell me what it is please,” he begged with puppy dog eyes. I mentally cursed him for being gorgeous. “I-I-I can’t,” I muttered out.

            I turned to start the car again as Louis begged, “Harry please tell me. I really want to know now, you know that I’m a very curious person. Please, please, pleeeeaasseeeee.” I kept shaking my head in response. ‘Why did I have to be such a coward when it came to this, oh wait that’s right because I’m afraid of rejection.’ “Harry, tell me. Pull the car over and tell me now,” I heard the anger start to rise in his voice. He’s never been angry with me before, but I kept driving. He huffed angrily, “If you won’t tell me then let me walk the rest of the way home. Pull the car over and let me out now.” He was furious now, but there was no way I was letting him walk home alone, he didn’t know this road. “Lou, I’m not letting you out. You don’t know this road like I do,” I answered keeping my eyes on the road. “God dammit Harry, can I ever win for losing with you. If you’re not going to let me walk home then pull over and tell me what you wanted to,” he screamed. I felt the tears threaten to spill over. I didn’t want him to get angrier with me so I pulled the car over and shut it off again.