I'll Catch You When You Fall (Ziam Palik)

*Zayn's POV*
     I plop down on the couch in the living room where the rest of the boys are. "So does anybody have any plans for this weekend," I ask to the group who seems to be paying absolutely no attention to me. Niall is messing around on his phone, Harry and Louis can't keep their hands off each other, and Liam is on his laptop most likely on Twitter. Causing Liam and Niall to look in my direction. Niall slaps Louis' leg causing him to pull away from Harry and look towards me. "So any plans for this weekend," I repeat.
     "Well Loubear and I booked a hotel room for this weekend which reminds me we better get going babe," Harry says before gently sliding Louis off his lap and standing up. I look to Niall who says, "Liam and I planned on doing a twitcam tonight and then tomorrow night I'm catching up with some old pals at a club downtown." "Well I have the twitcam tonight and nothing actually planned for tomorrow night, why'd you ask anyway," Liam responds. "Because I wanted to make sure somebody was free tomorrow night before I asked about going ice skating." Niall laughs at something as Liam says, "Well I'll go but I'm not going to be any good seeing as I have never been." "Its a date then," I say smiling.
              *****Next Day*****
     "Come on Liam I want to get going," I call up the stairs. "Calm down Zayn I'll be down in a minute. I don't see way you're so anxious to see me make a fool of myself anyway." "You're not going to make a fool of yourself Liam. Its not that hard to ice skate." "Yeah easy for you to say, you've been ice skating multiple times where as I have never been," he says coming down the stairs. "You'll be fine, I'll teach you," I tell him as we walk out the door.
     "Zayn I'm really nervous, what if I fall," he asks as he works on lacing up his skates. "Liam you'll be fine and if you fall I'll be right there to catch you." "Why couldn't you have talked one of the others into doing this?" I sigh, "Because Liam they all had plans, you were sitting in the room when they said it." "Yeah well I'm beginning to think that I should have made up fake plans so I didn't have to risk getting my fingers chopped off," he huffs. "Way to think positively Liam," I chuckle.
     I laugh under my breath as I watch Liam stumble to the edge of the rink. "Zayn if I can barely walk in these things how do you expect me to skate?" "Like this," I say stepping onto the ice  and skating a few feet away. I watch him step onto the ice one foot at a time. He immediately loses his balance but grabs the wall before he can fall. "If i get injured tonight I'm holding it against you," he says and I chuckle. He starts moving at a turtle's pace as I skate over to him. "I'm going to take a lap and then I'll be back," I tell him before I skate away from him again. "But Zayn what I fall," he calls behind me.
     I skate quickly around the rink passing children gripping onto the wall. I smile at the fun I know they're having. "I'm mad at you, don't talk to me," Liam says when I get back to him. "What did I do Liam?" "I tried skating without the wall and fell twice, and you weren't here to catch me like you said you would. Besides people laughed at me when I fell." "Liam I'm sorry I wasn't here to catch you and don't feel upset because people were laughing at you, people always laugh when somebody falls. Watch this." I skate a few feet away before I 'trip' over my feet and go tumbling hard onto the ice. I see the people around me snicker and I turn to look at a now smiling Liam. I get up, brush off, and skate back to him. "Told you," I say smiling.
     "Liam come on let go of the wall," I beg. "No I'll fall again. I'm not leaving this wall," he says determinedly. I sigh in annoyment, "Come on Liam,  if a five year old can do it without needing to hang onto the wall then you can too." He shakes his head, determined to not leave the wall. Guess I'll have to pull out all the stops. "Liam can you leave the wall for me, please," I ask giving my best puppy dog face. His face softens and I see him slowly start to give in. "Fine but just know that if it were anybody else I would say no." I smile triumphantly.
     "Okay Liam, you can do this," he whispers as he carefully lets go of the wall. "Okay now Liam, move your feet like you're rollerblading, slowly at first," I instruct. He smiles as he begins to move slowly. "Good now try to move your feet a little faster." He gets beside me and asks, "Can I go faster?" "Only if you feel comfortable," I respond. He speeds up a bit more and is only a few inches in front of me when I notice him losing his balance. I stretch my arms out just In time to stop him from falling. I stand him back up as I say, "Told you I'd be here to catch you if you fell."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel this is pretty short but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. This by far has been my favorite fluffy one shot to write (I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Niall's Lucky Charm writes better fluff than me though). Anywho not much else to say so....READ/VOTE/COMMENT/FAN....when you finish doing that then please by all means fangirl over One Direction's overwhelming sexiness. I LOVE YOU ALL :)
~Harry's Kitty Kat