Notes (Ziam Palik)

*Zayn's POV*
     I look around the empty hall to make sure absolutely nobody will see me slip the note into his locker. I can't have anybody saying anything to him. I want to be the one to tell Liam how I feel but I just don't know how to. I've being writing him these cute little notes ever since my feelings were proven to be real. God, if only I knew how to tell him.
     After slipping the note into his locker, I go to my own just as the bell rings signaling lunch. I watch as Liam opens his locker and my note falls out. I smile to myself when he picks it up and reads it. Realizing that I'm staring, I grab my lunch and make my way over to Liam. 
     "Whatcha got there Liam," I ask feigning curiosity. "Another note from an unknown person," he responds.  “Another?” He looks up and meets my gaze, “Yeah, about two weeks ago I started getting these random notes in my locker. I don’t know who they’re from but I really enjoy reading them, they make me smile .” “What kinds of things do they say,” I ask, obviously already knowing. “Well here lately its just been little things like how seeing me smile makes their day or how my laugh is like music to their ears and they want to hear it more often." "Wow, do you have any idea who might be letting you these notes?" He smiles, "I think Sara might be." I should've figured he'd think it was her, I mean he's liked her for years now but won't do anything about it. "How about we ask her at lunch," I suggest, keeping my voice even.
     We got to our normally crowded table and sat in our usual spots. "What took you so long," Andy asked when we sat down. Liam answered, "We were talking about these anonymous notes I've been getting in my locker for the past two weeks. That reminds me, Sara have you been putting notes in my locker." Sara smiles and says, "Liam I'm flattered you would think that but its not me." He nods and turns back to Andy and gets lost in a conversation. Sara turns to me and whispers, "You're letting him the notes aren't you?" I blush and nod, not meeting her gaze. She's literally the only one I trust to keep my secret. She giggles before saying, "Zayn that is the cutest thing ever. I just wish you could tell him." "Sara I would if I knew how but I just," I pause for a moment, "I just don't know how." "You'll figure it out," she reassures me with a pat on my shoulder.
     About half way through my last class of the day I'm bored, just like always. Ms. Thompson is lecturing us about the importance of detail in essays. I pull out a piece if notebook paper and write Liam another note. I'll be able to slip it into his locker after art club.
Liam,
     You're perfect. No other words can be used to describe you. Your smile brightens up a room and when you look at me, my stomach turns to knots. When you smile at me, my knees go weak and when you talk to me, I don't want you to stop. Your voice is so smooth and angelic. You mean so much to me and I hope that I am soon able to tell you that to your face instead of hiding behind these notes. I love you, always remember that.
Love Always, Me
     I study the note. 'Wow, love is such a strong word to use in the short amount of time I've had feelings for him. Do I mean it?' I ponder the thought for a moment. 'Of course I mean it.' "Mr. Malik, would you care to share the importance of details in essays, I'm assuming you know all about them considering you were writing instead of paying attention," Ms. Thompson says, interrupting my thoughts. My face goes red, "Uhh sorry, I'll pay more attention." She gives me a warning look, "You better. The next time will be detention." 'Why the hell does she have to be so damn strict.'
     Art club ends relatively late today but I don't mind though. It ensures that nobody will be around when I put the note in his locker. I grab my bag off the table I sat it on and wave bye to the other members. As I make my way down the hall towards Liam's locker, I notice somebody standing by it. 'Shit I can't put the note in there if that person is standing there.' My worry subsides when I see that its only Sara standing there.
     "Putting another note in his locker I see," she says when I reach her. I nod and dig the note out of my pocket. "Let me read it," she says taking it out of my hands. I watch her facial expression, trying to gauge her reaction, as she reads it. Her eyes widen and then she looks at me. "Zayn, love is a really strong word and you've only had feelings for him for about two weeks. Do you really mean it?" I take a deep breath before responding, "Sara I've known Liam my whole life. Of course I mean it. Besides I already asked myself that question earlier." She smiles kindly at my response. "Shit," she mumbles under her breath. "What is it?" She looks behind me nervously, "Its Andy, if he sees you put this in Liam's locker he will definitely tell him. I'll put it in the locker, you go before Andy sees you." "Thanks," I say before I dash out the doors at the end of the hall.
         *****NEXT DAY: LUNCH*****
     I sit down beside Sara as Liam sits by Andy. I turn to Sara and whisper, "Thanks again." "Its what friends are for," she's waving her hand dismissively. I turn back just in time to see Andy whispering to Liam. A smile spreads across Liam's face and my heart skips a beat. "So umm Sara, I thought you said you weren't the ones putting the notes in my locker. You should have really taken credit for it, that one that was in there this morning made my day." I look down and smile at the table. "Liam I can't take credit for it, I was just putting it in there for a friend that wasn't able too because they had to ride the bus home," Sara informs him. I love that girl so much, she's such a great friend.
     When I look up again Liam's smile has faded some but he's still happy. "Well Sara can you tell me who it is?" She smiles slyly, "Liam I can't tell you who it is because I promised I wouldn't and they know I'm pretty much the only one they can trust to not tell you." Liam looks slightly disappointed but regains his composure quickly. "So Zayn you want to go bowling this weekend," Liam asks. My attention  turns to him. "Sure," I say with a grin plastered to my face. "Great." He smiles at me and then goes back to his conversation with Andy. This will be the best weekend ever.
*****************************************
Years after high school,  Zayn and Liam remain friends. Zayn's feelings for Liam are still present, but just like in high school he doesn't know how to tell him so he continues to write little anonymous notes to Liam. The notes still make Liam smile day to day. They remind him how much he means to Zayn even if he doesn't know that its Zayn. As for Zayn, he's content just knowing that his meaningful notes are making his best friend smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to give a massive thanks to bambi1415 for requesting this one shot (and for also being our very first request). I hope you like it bambi1415 :) FAN/VOTE/COMMENT/READ/REQUEST. I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH :) <3
~Harry's Kitty Kat