Chapter 7-Hal's Visit

I walked down the stairs into the living room. Tsubaki, Azusa, Masaomi, Ukyo, Hikaru, Yusuke, Fuuto, Subaru, lori, Kaname, Chii, and Wataru were sitting at the dining table eating while a few were watching the news on TV. Wataru's eyes gleamed and I sent a 'sh' motion his way. I sat in between Azusa and Wataru and started eating. I wrapped the wound on my leg after removing the bullet with some tweezers and douced the hole with alcohol from the kitchen to close it before Ukyo woke up to make breakfast and wrapped everything up in bandages. But that didn't mean the pain stopped.

"Ohayo Saki-chan!"greeted Wataru.

"Ohayo."I yawn rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"Did my sleeping beauty get enough rest last night?"chuckles Kaname.

You could notice the gleam in Ukyo's glasses basically screaming 'shut up'. The same look appeared in a few of the other's faces making me internally smirk. Have they fallen for me that quickly?

"Naw I just overslept I guess."I yawn again.

I finish my meal and wash my plates as the brothers talk about work or school. That was when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it."states lori.

The others nod and start whispering. I guess I was their only guest since they started to tense up. lori appears at the top of the stairs with Hal standing by his side with a package and a plastic bag. He was wearing a black tanktop and black basketball shorts. I could see the fire in the boys eyes as they noticed his tattoo. A blue ring of fire on his arm. The same exact design on the same exact place as my own. You could notice mine because I was wearing a blue tanktop and black leggings. I tried holding in my laughs as the brothers' dark aura seemed to fill the room. Now this really made the brothers confused yet angery at the same time.

"Saki-chan this young man would like to see you."

"Thanks."I smile at lori as he somberly walks into the elevator.

Hal looks at all the brothers in the eye before looking at me and smiling.

"Yo."

I nod and walk up the stairs rather slowly while gripping on the handle to keep myself steady.

"Is everything alright Saki-chan?"asks Masaomi.

"Yeah I'm just tired."

I walk to the top of the steps and motion Hal to come outside. The bright sunlight seemed to soak into my skin and I let out a sigh. My eyes looked up at the fifth floor to see the brother's faces looking down at Hal and I through the triangular windows. Whatever I did...made them fall for me hard.

"What do ya need Hal?"

"I heard you were going on a trip."

"Yeah we're leaving next week so no races for two weeks."

"I brought some medication for your leg. This should stop the pain and swelling. It should be as good as new before you'd need to wear a swimsuit."he smirks handing me the bag.

"Thanks."

Hal's face turns somber then suddenly sad. I gripped his muscular arm tightly. And suddenly, he started tearing up.

"What? What happened?"

"I just heard the news today...Yuri-kun died in a police shooting a few days ago..."

I felt my heart break in two and I started blinking my tears back. Hal handed me a black box. I opened it up and saw a picture frame, funeral invitation, and a hat labeled 'Vietnam Veteran' with many pins and badges surrounding the lettering. My grandfather's hat... I then looked at the photo showing a smiling Yuri. A boy with arctic blue eyes and light pink hair. My brother... I could barely hold in my sobs, but I knew for a fact the brothers were watch my every move.

"May we talk in my room please?"

"Sure."

We walk back inside and I lead Hal past the fuming brothers to my room. I open the door and walk inside.

"You can sit on the desk chair if you want."

"Thanks."

He sits down and I take a seat on my bed. I open the box again and place the picture frame on my nightstand and the hat on my head. I kept the invitation in there and slid the box under my bed.

"Do you want to talk while I put on the medication?"he asks.

I nod slowly and grab some shorts from my closet and walked into the bathroom. I took off my leggings and my thoughts went berserk. My brother's gone. Onii-chan is gone. Dead. Gone...

"Where's the first aid k-"he starts to ask.

I hand him the kit from my dresser drawer and he starts cutting the bandages. Hal allowed me to grip onto his shoulder. I sit on the edge of my bed and he kneels down and starts treating my wound.

"Are you going to be alright Saki?"

"I don't know."

Hal's hands stop for a moment before continuing to unwrap my bandages.

"That's not a valid answer."

"It is in my opinion."

"Look Saki...I thought you wanted to talk."

"I did it's just..."

My lip quivered and my grip on his shoulder tightened. Hal looked up at me and cupped my cheek with his right hand.

"Yuri was an amazing friend. He stood by our side since we were kids. I understood why he would want you be stay with him when we were kids...because you were his sister. Yuri would always put your life before his own...but I never understood why he wanted to protect me. I remember the first time I met you. I was sitting underneath a tree waiting for my staravation to finally kill me. Dying at 11 years old. That was my plan...But I was saved by the two of you. Your brother gave me his food rations and we became friends. I didn't owe him anything. He was a stanger and he helped me. I'm forever in his debt. He made me promise before you left the orphanage with your father...to protect you. And I promised I would do just that."whispered Hal.

He leans forward and places a kiss on my forehead. It wasn't full of lust or jokes...it was full of love and protection. I couldn't hold in my tears anymore. I wrapped my arms around Hal's neck and felt the vibrations of his humming.

'Don't cry. Don't cry...'

My breathing quickened and he patted my back, trying to comfort me.

"Saki?! Saki?!"

Suddenly the door slammed open after Subaru broke the lock. The brothers entered my room and I felt Hal cover up my legs with my blanket. I couldn't open my eyes or I would cry after seeing the brothers looking at me. Just don't feel.

"Shh...It's alright Saki."Hal whispered.

I felt his head turn to the brothers.

"I'll explain later. Sorry for alarming you all."

The brothers left but Chii-chan and Juli decided to stay. I finally stopped hyperventilating, only for me to end up breathing slowly. Hal took off the covers and Chii gasped at the sight. Juli told her they should wait outside. Hal finished putting on the medication and rebandaged the wound.

"I'll tell the others what happened. Not about the gunshot or the racing. Just the funeral and your brother and something about me okay."

I nod and rest my head onto my pillow before falling asleep with a sore throat and a broken heart.