Chapter 40 - It Wasn't The Other Way Around

I literally threw all my bags into Hal's backyard. I quickly changed into my dark blue sweater. It reached my mid thigh and was two sizes too big. I took off my chest binder and replaced it with a strap-on belted weapon holder. It held two handguns, one pistol, four knives, over fifteen throwing knives, and a sub machine gun. Sure it felt a little heavy, but I needed to be prepared. I but on my short black skirt and black leggings. I hid a knife underneath my skirt. I put on my knee high converse shoes and inserted two throwing knives into them. Hal walked out with a grey hoodie, it was big so it didn't look too bulgy with guns underneath. His normal worn out jeans and blue t-shirt looked the same as usual. He sent me a smirk and Yoko walked out with a black sweater similar to mine and was wearing a blond wig and black leggings. She frowned and tied up my hair into a bun and grabbing a beanie from her bag, placing it on my head. I frowned slightly, I only put my hair up when I felt like it...right now I felt like keeping it down. But I guess if we were going to fight it was better to keep my locks out of my face. Underneath Yoko's sweater she hid some tazers, mace, knives, and handcuffs. Yuri didn't bother changing, he just walked into the living room with Yuki, Rine, and Will hiding behind his back.

"Are you guys going to be okay?"asked Yuri.

"We'll be fine Yuri-kun."said Hal, but there was a slight uncertainty in his voice."Just watch over my father and the kids. I trust you. And stay safe."

"I'll protect them with my life."nodded Yuri, a serious expression erupting on his face.

Hal and Yoko left to get the car ready while I was left with Yuri, Yuki, Rine, and Will. I walked up to the kids first and say my goodbyes. By the time I was finished talking, all my "sons" were in tears.

"Don't say that Saki-chan! It sounds like you're gonna die!"weeps Yuki, pulling on my sweater for dear life.

"Please stay safe. We still haven't done anything together..."whispers Rine, wiping stray tears off his face with his fists.

"Are you going to be safe?"asked Will, out of all the others he was the one who still hasn't shed a tear.

But his face was as saddened as ever. Sometimes I wonder what goes through that little kid's mind. I smile nonetheless and mess up each of the boys' hair. They pull me down into a kneeling poistion, attacking me with hugs and kisses.

"See you guys later."I say as all three nod their heads.

With that I leave the house, following Yoko and Hal into the train station. We left the truck behind for Yuri just incase something happened. All of us were grateful once we stepped into an empty train car. No one spoke a word but our body language spoke for us. We stood there rigid and stiff, most of us were just thinking about how all of us would get out of this little problem. Hal looked at my straight in the eye and inhaled deeply, as if to let all his stress disappear.

"That Osamu...why couldn't he just stop being so annoying and just die."he sighs."Good thing you dumped him."

"Why do you always get it wrong?"yawned Yoko, the sun was setting and I guess they haven't gotten used to Japan time."He broke up with her. It wasn't the other way around."

"R-Really?! Why didn't you dump that idiot on the spot?!"shouted Hal.

"Because...I was still in love with him..."I reply, regret audible in my voice."He thought that breaking up with me would be the only thing to keep us together. I know it may seem a bit stupid, but when he broke up with me it was like he cut me off. He stopped me from saying that I hated him and that I always would...damn, love is confusing. I've told everyone that I broke up with him but it didn't really help my morals, just made me feel even more weak. Now, I won't regret hurting him."