Chapter 44 - Let Her Stay

3rd. P.O.V

The detectives and field scientists swarmed through the building. Asking questions, collecting evidence, and writing notes. Saki, Hal and Yoko were all sent to the hospital. Osamu was rolled away on a stretcher. Then...a loud booming voice echoed through the floor.

"Are my daughter and sons okay?!?!"

"Oto-san? Oka-san?"gasps Ema.

The brothers gasp themselves and their mother quickly examined their faces for injuries. Rintarou went straight up to Ema and looked down. It was as if he was ashamed of his actions. He placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder.

"I should have never made Saki live here...I put my family in danger...I'm so sorry."he sobbed slowly.

Ema comforted him with a hug, tears brimming her eyelids.

"You shouldn't be sorry Oto-san. Saki-chan came here to protect all of us. She's saved all of us because she loved us...not that she was forced too. Thank you letting her move in. She's taught me so much...like how to stand up for myself. So if you'd allow it...can you please let me invite her to stay with us...she's like a sister to me."she wept into his grey dress shirt.

Rintarou wiped away a few tears of his own and hugged Ema back.

"Of course I'd allow it. I'll thank her once she's well."

The brothers smile at the sweet scene in front of them...each one agreeing with their sister's proposal.

~At The Hospital~

Everyone waited outside of Saki's private room. The surgery was over but the brothers couldn't help but worry. Although, Ema was the worse. She usually had Juli to comfort her but he was back at the house where their mother and father were cleaning up.

"I hope...Saki-chan will...be okay."whispers Louis as he plays with a strand of Fuuto's hair.

"She'll be fine."stated Yoko. She and Hal were sitting on the window sill across from each other.

The morning glow of the sun glared in both of their eyes, making them look empty and somber. They talked amongst themselves until a nurse with brown bobbed hair walked up to them with a clip board and a straight face. She walked out of Saki's room... She stood infront of the crowd, clearly not surprised by the amount of people.

"Saki Yamamoto will be fine. The bullet was extracted successfully. But..."

"Always that goddamn 'but'."grumbled Yusuke while Ukyo sent him a serious look.

"It seems as though the cardiac muscles in her heart are...weakened. In a way. It seems as though she's been suffereing from heart problems since her last visit here with Yoko Amai. She can be treated with ongoing medication, but there is not a cure as of right now. Again, her heart has been through some...trauma and is in need of treatment. I have talked this over with her and she agreed to the procedure. Now, are any of her family members here?"

"Yep."

Everyone turns toward a young man with pink hair and blue eyes. A few of the brothers' auras darkened, some were just glad her brother came by when he did. Three children followed behind him. They all seemed pretty shaken. And after them an elderly man walked up to Hal.

"And you are?"asked the nurse.

"I'm her brother. Yuri Yamamoto. And these are her sons...well more like Hal's sons but they have her last name. Pretty confusing I know. Kids go to your father."he smiles.

The children go to Hal and Yoko, Yoko placed Rine and Yuki on her lap while Hal took Will, all five fell straight to sleep. The brothers and Ema were confused. The boys had her last name but were Hal's children? A chilling thought passed through their mind when they imagined Hal and Saki having kids. But some brothers were sure that never happened because of their little stalking trip at the Bahamas. They watch as the nurse leads Yuri into the hallway...making everyone else suspicious. Once he walked in his expression was both scared and concerned.

"She can take visitors now."said the nurse, walking back into Saki's room.

Yuri cleared his throat and clasped his hands behind him. Hal and Yoko wake up after their 30 second nap and placed the sleeping kids on the window sill. They seemed a bit intrigued with what Yuri was going to say.

"Well...just found out my sister's pregnant."