Chapter 46 - "Normal" Girl

Saki P.O.V

My mind was spinning. Did I realize what I just did? I just accepted Ema's proposal to become...family. There's no turning back. Families share pain. They share love. They share sadness. And most of all...they share memories. I was so crazy to accept this... In my brain everything felt so chaotic, but in reality all I did was shrug and change into my outfit. I wanted to yell at myself for keeping my contacts in my eyes, even though I didn't really have a choice to wake up during the procedure. So I took them out and rubbed my dry eyes, placing my glasses onto the bridge of my nose.

 So I took them out and rubbed my dry eyes, placing my glasses onto the bridge of my nose

I ignored the sore feeling that crawled up my spine as I fixed up my hair. The nurse knocked and gaped at my standing form.

"What are you standing?! Don't you feel a bit sore? Or pained?"

"No, I don't really feel any pain right now. Thank you miss. May I leave the hospital now?"I ask politely.

"Well, if you're sure you want to leave. Your prescription medication should be at the front desk. If you need to come back you are welcome."

"Thanks."

I walk out of the room to see everyone getting ready to leave. Yuki, Rine, and Will ran up to me and hugged my waist, ignoring the feeling of the course bandages beneath my shirt.

"We're so glad you're safe Saki-chan!"squealed Rine.

"Yeah!"beamed Will, a smile shown on his face that made the room brighten.

"You're so cool Saki-chan! Please visit us more!"smiled Yuki.

"Don't worry dudes, I'll visit you."I reply, pecking each of their foreheads.

Now now, where's my kiss?"pouted Yuri.

Hal smacked him upside the head, making me think a little bit about how Azusa and Tsubaki would react in this situation. I chuckled to myself and turned toward Ema. She smiled in my direction and walked up to me.

"I...want you to live with us. All of us. My father says that it's your choice...you aren't being forced anymore."she says.

My gaze shifts to the ground and I start thinking about what I'll say. Should I stay? Or should I leave while my heart is still intact?...

"Sure, I'd love to live with you. You'll now know the real Saki-chan."

Ema cheers and hugs me for the third time this hour, followed by everyone else in the room. I'll finally be myself in front of them. Hal and Yoko held hands and the children left by their side. I broke away from the hug and faced my brother. He seemed a bit out of it and I sent him a close-eyed smile.

"I guess this is see you later Onii-chan."

"I guess it is Saki-chan. Come visit me anytime."he says and leaves the waiting room with a wave.

I wave and watch the brothers and Ema get ready to leave. Most sent me either confused, happy, guilty, or concerned looks. But I didn't mind. All I cared about was that...Osamu was gone. And I could finally be free...and live my life normally again. No more races. No more murders. No more lies. No more death. I can live as a "normal" nineteen year old. I could go to college again, and maybe...I could fall in love. I shook my head and felt my heart melt, my cheeks flared a bright pink as I thought about the illogical idea of love. All of a sudden I felt a hand place itself onto my forehead, I looked up to see lori.

"You're a bit red. Do you have a fever? Maybe we should stay here until you get better."he advised.

I just shake my head and push his hand away, my heart started beating at an abnormal rate and I felt myself blush even more. God, what am I doing? Falling in love with these...men?! On the outside I wore a bored expression and looked at something else, anything else besides these people.

"No. It's fine lori."I confirmed.

He seemed a bit hesitant but allowed me to walk on my own. We walked in a group through the hospital, following Masaomi to the exit as Wataru started asking what we wanted to do. I was texting Yuri to sneak all my boxes back into my room as he whined over text but agreed.

"We should go to the summer festival tonight! Can we onii-chans? Can we?"he begged.

"Hm, Wataru-chan, don't you think we've been through enough for one day? You haven't even gotten one wink of sleep."Natsume interjected.

"But I want to!"

As I was saying, Masaomi, Wataru, and Natsume were at the front of the group. Azusa, Tsubaki, Louis, Hikaru, Fuuto, Yusuke, Subaru, and lori were talking in their little groups behind them. Ukyo, Kaname and I were in the back, walking silently. Those two decided to wait for me to get my medication so the others went to the condo before us. I took the seat in the back while the two eldest brothers sat in the front. It was still silent. If I did the pin-drop test it would sound like glass shattering in all three of our ears. That was when Kaname guilty looked my way, a small smile on his face.

"I'm sorry. About what happened Saki-chan."

"It's okay Kaname-kun. Just...don't pity me. That's one thing I don't want to happen. You too Ukyo-kun!"I clarified.

The two grown men chuckled and started up a small conversation all the way back home. I saw all my boxes on my balcony, how did my brother get up there? Eh, at least he got the job done. Kaname and I head into the elevator as Ukyo parks the car inside. After realizing the little situation I was in, I decided that it was best to treat Kaname equally. I regret what happened that night now that I finally knew the severity of the situation. My eyes met his and he smirks a bit, resting his back again the elevator wall.

"I know how you feel as well Saki-chan. If you really regret it...I promise it won't happen again. Let's just be friends... Not friends with benefits...at least, not until I steal your heart properly."he gushed.

I just roll my eyes and punch his shoulder.

"Idiot."I arrived at my floor and walked out."Good luck with that."

That was the last thing I heard before I got to the fourth floor. Kaname went up to the fifth floor after telling me that I should get some rest. I nod and head to my room. Finally realizing how much I procrastinated unpacking.