Chapter 21 - Midnight Swim

Saki P.O.V

It was 10:36pm when I walked back into the summer house. The living room and dining room were empty, all except for a sleeping Louis. I smile and think back to my night with Yoko. Right after eating we went to her room at her hotel and watched a movie, then she wanted to Netflix and Chill for the whole night but I was like, 'I need to get back by 11:00 so...and you have a boyfriend man!'. And she was like. 'Don't worry, just take out the Chill part and let's just binge watch movies!' Then I was like,'Nope sorry!'. And she was like.'Fine see you tomorrow.'. And you're probably annoyed because I said 'like' a little too much. That's fine I'll stop. I walked into my room and took off my clothes, changing into my pjs.

I took my personal coffee cup, that I got from a fan, from my desk and brushed through my hair with my hand, and place my glasses on my face after taking out my contacts

I took my personal coffee cup, that I got from a fan, from my desk and brushed through my hair with my hand, and place my glasses on my face after taking out my contacts. I slipped on my slippers and walked out of my room, trying not to make the floorboards creek. Making some coffee, I checked my phone, a few messages from Yoko and then I found a video message from Hal-kun. I go back to my room to get my laptop and slide open the door to the outdoor balcony. Flower beds, held up by brown wire, hovered above my head. The sound of the water swishing filled by ears.I went back inside and got my coffee. Taking a few pictures for my Instagram, editing a few videos, and reading some manga online. That was what I did. Then I closed the sliding door and opened up Hal-kun's message.

Video

Three little kids sat on a large green couch with a beige wall as a background. All three smiled and waved at the camera.

"Hi Saki-chan! We just wanted to say..."started Yuki.

"Thank you for sending us to the orphanage!"they all cheer.

"We got adopted by Hal-senpai! He is very cool and he fixes cars and motorcycles for a living!"smiles Rine."I heard he's friends with you so we all can be together after you come back from your trip!"

"H-He's very nice. His girl-friend is very nice t-too."stuttered Will.

"We also had our first day of school! Everyone is so nice and talkative. It's like a dream come true!"squeals Yuki, there were stars in his eyes. "We hope you'll answer back soon! And come to visit anytime!"

"Bye bye!"they all chant together as they wave.

Video Ends

I smiled all through the video. This is probably the most I've ever smiled! I'm so happy they found someone to adopt them. I brought up the camera on my laptop and started recording. The moon illuminated my face and I smiled and waved.

"Hey Yuki, Rine, and Will! I'm so glad Hal-kun adopted you. I visit Hal-kun pretty often and his girl-friend, Yoko-chan, is my manager so I will be able to see you even more. I'll come to visit as soon as I'm back from my trip! Have fun at school and make a lot of friends! Bye!"

I send to video to Hal-kun and keep working. Although, I wasn't able to wipe the smile off my face. My eyes started drooping, so I decided to go back to my room. I guess Louis woke up and went to his room because his form disappeared from the dining room. Quiet snores emitted from Ema as I put away my electronics and took my slippers off. I put my glasses on the side table and cup on the desk. My eyes shut, and the drowsiness led me to sleep.

Dream

"Why can't a worthless bitch like you just die?! I wonder why I even adopted you in the first place! You slut! Sleeping with boys and even girls?! What the hell is wrong with your fucking mind!"

"D-Dad! Please stop! It hurts!"

With each sentence her father spoke, the belt cracked across the 14 year old's back. She didn't do anything wrong. She just came home 2 minutes late. But that was enough for the heartbroken, drunkened male to snap. With every hit and every rage filled word, the girl's heart cracked and shattered.

"Dad stop! Please! This isn't you! Mama died! You're just grieving!"

"Just grieving?! You don't know what grieving is! Why did my wife need to save you?! Why did she kill herself just for a non-blood-related girl like you! I wish the car hit you instead! You little shit!"

Blood dripped onto the waxed, wooden floor. Tears mixed with sweat as the girl suddenly stopped screaming. Numbness everywhere. With every hit she felt more and more alienated. It was her fault. It was all her fault...

Dream Ends

I shot up from my pillow. Cold sweat covered my forehead and my breathing sped unto an unhealthy rate. Nightmares...why tonight? Why did this need to happen? Ema was still sleeping peacefully next to me, her back turned away from me. The clock in front off me said 1:43. I just need to get this out of my mind. I shakily stood up and gripped onto the bed as I put on my black swim suit. Since no one was up they wouldn't see me wearing something so revealing. I grab my white towel and black flip-flops. I put on my glasses and headed toward the private pool. The sliding door was open downstairs...

"Did I forget to close it?"

I shrug it off and put my towel, glasses, and shoes on the nearest chair before closing the door behind me. I slowly dip into the deepest end of the pool, facing away from the house and focusing on the moon. My blue hair stuck to my back and my magenta eyes shined in the moonlight. Small droplets of water dripped down my chin and crawled down my chest. I stayed still, just closing my eyes and enjoying the silence. A small wave of water rolled from behind me, making me shiver...someone was behind me.