Chapter 22 - It's Just You

There's a slight lime/lemon in this chapter...So I'll tell you when you could stop reading. :) I'm so nice I know.

____________________________________________________________________________________

3rd P.O.V

A pair of toned arms circle around Saki, their slightly tanned skin felt soft to the touch...they smelled like incense.

"It's just you...Kaname-kun."she whispered, placing a hand on his right arm."Give me one reason why I shouldn't kick you in the balls..."

A deep, seductive chuckle seemed to echo through the area. Saki hated to admit it, but it sounded very soothing in her ears.

"Because you looked very lonely out here. I was just worried about you, no one should be up this late. So I decided to check up on you. If you want, I can leave you alone. I know you are going through a lot."

"I had a nightmare...Gomen. You can go back to sleep."

"Hai. Oyasumi Saki-chan."

The warm arms that encircled her disappeared and she felt small waves of water slowly hit her back. She closed her eyes once more and spoke with full sincerity.

"Why do you care about me so much Kaname-kun?"

The waves stopped and returned, but closer and stronger than before. The curious girl turned around and saw the tall man smile. She tilted her head slightly, it wasn't a smirk like she was expecting. It was a honest, even somber smile.

"I care about my family. I would not like to cause any misfortune to any of them."

The bangs on the girl's face covered her eyes, she forced them down in order to hide her sadness. She took a deep breath and said her reply.

"As much as you think I'm part of your family...think again. I'm not. I'm not your sister. I'm not your cousin. Hell, I'm not even your step-sister like Ema. I'm just a friend. You and the other's don't need to treat me like family out of pity. Next you're going to say that since I live with you, that magically makes me family, right? Well, wrong. No matter how much you try, I'm just an outsider. And I can't stand all the love everyone is giving me...when there is nothing I can do in return. So please...just stop. Out of all the brothers you need to understand what I mean when I say...I need time to think."

"Saki-chan, you don't need to have the same blood to be family. You just need to accept the people you love into your heart, and treat them like family."

"Easy for you to say, you have so many siblings. And I..."

She stopped so suddenly. The words she wanted to say seemed to stop in her throat, nearly choking her. It was too much. Too much pain, too much memories...

"Forget I said anything Kaname-kun...please."

"I know you want to talk about something. Just say it. I trust you, now trust me for once."

She was silent, head bowing into the rippling pool. She didn't know what to think. Kaname was her favorite out of the brothers. Not in a romance-y way. He was just someone she could trust. Yes he may act like a womanizer, in a way he was. But deep down...he can be really caring and reliable. She nodded and swiped her bangs aside. Her glowing magenta eyes were windows to her broken soul.

"Fine. But not here."

"Then would you like to come to my room?"

"Don't you share your room with someo-"

"No, lori-nii decided to take the hammock in the green house garden on the roof."

Kaname's lips tugged up in a small smirk while Saki chuckled herself.