Chapter 63 - Up Early In The Morning

My eyes fluttered open, looking at my blurry surroundings in confusion. Didn't I faint in the living room last night? I looked at the numbers on my phone as I yelled at the shocking brightness. 4:38. Well, better to get up now. I took a quick shower and changed into my outfit. I got my white backpack and filled it up with my books, wallet, and extra clothes for painting. Niji was still in Ema's room, I bet he has a liking for her already. I grabbed my red headphones and placed them on my head after fixing up my hair. If I was going to be escorted then I'd rather avoid any unnecessary conversation. I walked up stairs to the fifth floor. The sun wasn't out yet and the night sky was still covered with small stars. I made myself a bento out of fruit and some ramen. After getting ready for school I jumped onto the red couch and plugged in my headphones, as well as turned on the TV. My music started playing and I watched the newest gossip channel.

Hey girl, open the walls, play with your dolls

We'll be a perfect family.

I looked through the corner of my eye to see Ukyo walk down the stairs, sending my laying form a confused and concerned look. He wrapped the green apron around his waist and started cooking lunch none-the-less.

"Saki-chan, what are you doing up this early?"

I kept looking at the TV screen, pretending I didn't hear him through the music.

When you walk away, it's when we really play

You don't hear me when I say,

Mom, please wake up.

Dad's with a slut, and your son is smoking cannabis

No one ever listens, this wallpaper glistens

Don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen.

Ema walks down stairs with Niji and Juli, Niji walks up to me and I smile slightly. Scratching the back of his ears and he rests on my lap.

"Hello Saki-san!"he beams and I send him a nod.

"Ohayo Saki-chan."smiles Ema.

"Ohayo Ema-chan."

I've decided, since I'm mad at the brothers I'd give most of them the silent treatment. Come on, I mean, they're getting too clingy.

Places, places, get in your places

Throw on your dress and put on your doll faces.

Everyone thinks that we're perfect

Please don't let them look through the curtains.

Picture, picture, smile for the picture

Pose with your brother, won't you be a good sister?

"Do you want me to make you a bento?"asked Ema, walking to me as I closed my eyes and petted Niji's soft fur.

"Ne, I made my own."

Everyone thinks that we're perfect

Please don't let them look through the curtains.

D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E

I see things that nobody else sees.

(D-O-L-L-H-O-U-S-E

I see things that nobody else sees)

I felt my phone vibrate on the cushion next to me and found put that I had a new email. It was from Midori.

From: Midori Rika
Subject: Volunteers for October Dance

Hello Saki-chan,

I would like to invite you to help prepare the dance for next week. The dance takes place on Friday October 4, at 8pm. Since you have achieved outstanding grades this beginning semester, I trust that you will be free for every morning at 5am to have a meeting with all the fellow volunteers. Hope to see you there.

From,
Midori-sensei

It was almost 5am and I decided to use this as an excuse to leave early. No one is ready to leave the house until 6am. My music still blared from my headphones as I went up to Ukyo and put my head phones down around my neck.

"Hey Ukyo-kun, I have to leave early because I'm helping prepare the dance."I say, not even hesitating.

"But it's 5am in the morning!"he gasps.

"Yeah, and I wake up at 3am every morning, just like everyone else who goes to my college to learn. What? Do you not know my schedule? I have my classes at 7-12, then I have lunch until 1pm and then I have another class until 3pm. And for now, I have to leave at 4:54...right now...to be able to get to my meeting. So who's going with me this morning?"I snap and tap my foot as if I'm late.

"Um...is anyone ready to leave yet?"asked Ukyo while I play with a strand of my hair.

No one was ready and he just sighed in defeat.

"Fine, you can go by yourself. But the twins will be picking you up after classes."

"Hai."I say emotionlessly.

Tsubaki greet me once I got up the stairs with a loud 'Ohayo' but I just replied with a silent wave. Azusa who was standing next to him looked at Tsubaki in confusion. I get into the elevator and felt two presences walk in as well. My eyes were closed and the music from my headphones blocked out any outside noises. When I walked out to the first floor the two people followed close by. It was strange, I could tell someone was watching me from behind. I reach the gate and see Midori walk out and wave at me, I smile and wave back. In the reflection of his glasses I could see the twins were the ones following me. I hang my headphones around my neck and Midori and I walk at a leisurely pace to the university.

"So, are you going to school for the vollunteer meeting?"he asked.

"Yeah. Are you the teacher in charge?"

"Indeed I am."he smiles and takes a sip of his thermos."It's been my job to take care of extracurricular activities since I was hired. I found it very stressful at first but soon it became very fun."

I look behind me to see that Midori and I were the only ones on the sidewalk. I guess Tsubaki and Azusa went to breakfast, no doubt telling the second eldest brother about Midori. I sigh and sneeze.

"Someone's talking about me."I whine and Midori just laughs.

"Must be a pain. No one is ever talking about me."

"Tsk, lucky ass."I grunt and we reach campus. We head into he main building and went into the auditorium.

Fellow volunteers were already sitting down and chatting amongst themselves.

"Saki-senpai! Over here!"yelled Yuzu, the other girls waving over to me.

"Well, I guess you better get going."smiles Midori before we walk to our opposite destinations."See you in psychology."

________________________________________________________________________________

Song: Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez