Chapter 26 - I Just Need Time

'Road or Forest?'

They would expect to run on the road and they could catch up to me with their rental car. But I know some of the brothers. They would know that I would run through the forest. But I decided to take my chances. I slam the sliding door shut and drag my luggage through the slippery mud. Nearly tripping over roots and stones. I could hear the loud sound of a wooden door breaking.

'Don't look back.'

I reach the beach. Lightning striking the water, waves crashing down onto the sand, the wind picked up around me due to the loss of the forest being my buffer. I look to my left to see a small motel near the beach, I basically ran into the door hurridly. The tracks of my wheeled luggage disappeared with the rain. There was no one at the front desk... There was a bathroom to my right so I ran in and locked the stall door closest to the wall. I took out my phone and called the only person I could trust at the moment.

"Hello? Saki-chan?"

"Yoko, what hotel are you staying at?"

"Paradise Springs. Why?"

"Something came up and I need tp stay with you. I'll explain later just please...for me."

"...Fine. But it'd better be good."

"Oh trust me. It is."

I hung up and checked my voice mail.

'Ema. Tsubaki. Masaomi. Ema. Uyko. Azusa. Masomi. Natsume. Louis. Natsume. Hikaru. Fuuto. Fuuto. Fuuto. Ukyo...'

More and more came by the minute. I just needed to talk to one more person... I dialed in their number before sighing and putting the phone up to my ear.

"Saki-chan? I'm surprised. This is the first time you actually called me first! I feel honored."

"Stop with all the sappy talk Rintarou. I just wanted to tell you that an incident came up with your sons and daughter. I won't be living with her for the time being."

"What?! We had a deal-"

"I know. And I'm always a woman of my word. I just need some time to think...a few week probably. There's so much going on. My brother died...and the nightmares haven't gone away. That and Osamu is still inside this thick head of mine."

"...Okay...I'll let you off this time. Tell me when you feel a bit better okay."

"I promise I'll look after your daughter. Just not now. All I can say is...your step-sons are something. Bye Rintarou-san."

I hung up and cleaned my SD card, moving everything onto my phone. I won't risk getting tracked. I changed into my dark red hoodie and black shorts. I put on my black coverse and pulled my blue hair into my hood after putting it up. I put on my sunglasses for safety measures and put all my clothes away into my luggage. I searched around my bag and got out my black umbrella. I head out of the bathroom and walk outside rather calmly. Main street was filled with people and umbrellas...black umbrellas. I merged with the crowd perfectly.

"Saki?! Saki?!"

It was lori. I kept walking forward. My head was tilted down and I felt him brush my shoulder and he kept running, not noticing it was me. I wish life could be like this...I was like a normal person for once. Being on the main island was great. Seriously. All the hotels were on one street. I found Paradise Springs. It was just as cliche as the name. It was tannly painted with fountains that were off because of the storm. The palm trees nearly snapped to the ground because of the high winds. A bellhop smiled and nodded at me, asking if he would like to take my bags.

"No thanks. Stay safe out here."I smile.

He smiles back and remains at his post while I walk into the clean, and empty, lobby. There was one check in woman who was pretty well of age. Wrinkles surrounded her eyes, but her smile was as bright as a child's. I walk up to her with a smile on my own face.