Chapter 0 : Prologue

I don't know what I'm doing in life. Is this it?

I stepped forward and stared into the darkness.

Is this my destiny?

I leaned a bit and tried to make out the weird silhouettes down there.
There it is. Waiting for me.Without a sound. Waiting for its victim. Waiting to clasp me in its arms. Just waiting like a tiger for its prey.

Few rocks broke off the cliff. The sky had worn this dull grey overcoat which only reminded me of the pain I'll be facing.

I promise nothing will happen to you, he smirked. His eyes coal black and hair swept over his forehead. He adjusted his black cloak with his bulky hands. I promise I'll catch you.

I sighed. I sighed before taking the leap. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this.
But it's the only way. It's the only way I can save the lives of many, I assured myself.
I took one step backward as if trying to create potential to projectile into the sea of darkness.

There is only one way. Forward.

With that, I pushed myself from the cliff like never before, pushed myself against the forces opposing me, pushed myself against my conscience telling me that I wasn't doing the right thing.

I glided through the air and spread my arms like the wings of a bird. My eyes were closed partly due to fright, but I couldn't open them even if I wanted because the wind hit my face too strongly. For a moment, all the tension, the stress, flew away. They didn't poke my brain like before anymore. The pain was gone. For a moment, I felt free. Free from all the bounding, free from anyone's power, free from everyone's grasp. And then the reality hits me right in the face. Immediately I'm reminded of what I'm doing now and the fright now spreads all over my body.

I could feel myself descending. The confidence with which I propelled into air also descending likewise. I shouldn't have trusted him. I shouldn't have. Memories flooded across my mind so fast that I couldn't even keep track of them. My mom looking at me with her wide eyes. Catherine coming towards me for a hug. I guess I was a little bit better now. It's for them I'm doing this. It's for them. I felt myself nearing the ground. Where was he? He told me he would be here. I wanted to open my eyes but they threatened to tear away any moment if exposed to the harsh winds. I lost hope. I shouldn't have trusted him.

And then it happened. Out of nowhere comes this blinding light, and I can see it through my eyelids. And then I land. Not onto the ground, but into something hollow. Someone's arms. I let out a deep sigh. So he came. I opened my eyes with great difficulty which seemed glued to each other. I gazed into his eyes. He stared at me back. "I couldn't let you die.", he said with a evil grin. His voice slowly faded away as I stepped into oblivion.

Everything was fine before. Before I met him. Before it all started.
_____________________________________________
Author's Note :
Soooooo? Do you think you know who the mysterious guy is?
Of course you don't. This is just the beginning of a long journey. :)
Read more to find out.

Affi ❤️