Epilogue

I was back in my room, back in between my sheets in my pink Hello Kitty pyjamas. I heard a wild pounding on my door as it swung open. My mom's silhouette was outlined by the light in the hallway, and she turned on the lights hastily.

Worry was etched across her face, sweat beads trickled down her forehead. "Sweetheart, you're okay. Oh, thank god, you're okay."

She enveloped me in her arms and held me tight as if she'll never let me go. "Of course I am, what would happen?" Oh, the list is endless.

"Nothing, I just had a nightmare. I dreamt that you were missing for three days. Neither Catherine or Josh knew where you were. I called everyone who I could, even the police, but no one were able to find you." She cried a bit, making me feel bad that I did this to her. Sure, to everyone it was a dream, but to me, it was real.

"Well, I'm here. I'll never leave you, mom." I hugged her back and she slumped, clearly in relief. I moved to the side and pulled her into the bed, telling her to sleep with me for the night.

In the morning, I was greeted by incessant ringing and I opened my eyes, to find my mom nowhere around me. Her voice echoed from the main door, "Catherine is here, Fia!"

I sprung onto my feet, excited and looking forward to meet her. I ran down the stairs and there she was, in her yellow tee and denim shorts. "Hey there, girlfriend." She smiled.

I didn't say anything as I hugged her tight. I didn't see her for very long.

"It's nice to see you too." She muttered sarcastically but she hugged me back nevertheless.

My mom said something that went by the lines of 'I'll go get some lasagna, just stay put.'

"You'll never guess who I found on the way. I hope you don't mind I brought him with me." Cathy said, as she shifted to the side. Keith stood at the threshold, flashing his breathtaking smile.

"Oh, I don't." I giggled as he came forward and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"What the- um am I missing something here?" Her mouth was the biggest O there ever was, making me chuckle. Keith and I glanced at each other knowingly.

Having the bestest friend in the world, a mom who knew the path to my heart was through food, a boy who truly loved me, knowing that my dad is still with me, surpasses all the riches combined.

These people? These people are my euphoria.

____________________________________
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I literally cannot believe this. I actually finished a book for once in my life. And do you know why? Because of all you lovely people out there, reading this, spending their precious time for this.

To those who inspired me but will never know.

To my friends who supported me throughout. PrahladaNatarajan, the first. aapple123, DreamgirlFantasy1, gauridh, Roshani2001, skixikS, MythriPrakash you guys too. LoveShit33, even though we've never met, you've always been there since Day One. :) Sorry if I missed anyone.

To my cousins who left me in peace while I was writing.

To caffeine, keeping me up several times and providing me with crazy ideas.

To my iPad which put up with me, although I kept typing furiously for long hours.

To my critics, who corrected me when I was going down the wrong path.

To Panic! At The Disco, for giving me songs to headbang to which energised me.

To Wattpad, for giving me this amazing opportunity.

And most of all, to you readers out there showering all your love and support which guided me. I'm serious, you guys don't even know how much you've influenced me. With the minimal time I have, I've put my idea on paper *text* which I'd gotten spontaneously while I was talking with my friend about dreams. Because of alllllllll the encouragement you peeps gave me.

A huge thanks to all of you amazing people. :*

Will there be a sequel? I regret to say this, but mostly no. There might be one later in Keith's PoV, from even before he met Sophie.

I'm writing another book, in Teen Fiction, which will be published soon. Follow to get updates. Don't forget to check it out!

Without wax,
Affi. ❤️

[ Dan Brown readers will know exactly what I mean :') ]