Chapter 31

This last chapter is dedicated to all those who've read this, even silently. This is for all your love.
_______________________________________
"Come on!" Marjorie squealed and pulled me out of the room, making me chuckle at her immaturity. The war is over and the NightMaires had retreated. I never thought I could do this, I never thought I was strong enough. Every warrior had come to the White Castle to celebrate this joyous occasion and were bent on seeing their 'saviours'. I held my cerulean ball gown up as we rushed down the stairs. It looked like it was literally taken from a fairytale, which I'm not really fond of but damn, it looked good.

The material stuck to me till my hip and then gloriously fluffed up into two, a sparkling, turquoise lace layer over a clear blue satin gown reaching till my heels. The white stilettos she forced me to wear dangled against me as I held them by my right hand. Models who've mastered the art of heels should be worshipped, trust me when I tell you this, it's not an easy job.

My hair stood up in a bun, some stray strands beautifully curling down. Wow, they were really tamed. Tiny, ocean blue flowers adorned parts of it. Marjorie really had outdone herself. She told me this was how her grandmother had dressed her hair when she, as a tiny girl, loved to imitate princesses. You need to look good, she'd said, this is your Coronation Ceremony.

What's wrong with simple jeans and a tank top I will never understand.

At first, I had no idea what she was blabbering about the ceremony and all, until dad explained everything to Keith and I in the morning.

"The Matter was white," Dad started,"when Keith attacked Fyra and you Lashed on Thanatos." We both nodded. I thought it was because I was extra angry or something, but apparently not. "When the DreamMaker was created, Thanatos came into existence. Obviously, God saw the evil in him and proceeded to kill him but that would mean that the DreamMaker would cease to exist too. So he made another being, the Destined One, having half of the powers Fantasia had, in the disguise of a NightMaire. He named this being Chavez, the maker of dreams." He motioned to Keith.

"Your mother knew. Your mother knew what you were. We were best friends and she supported my decision of leaving the Supreme Leader position. In return, she confided in me with your secret. She asked me to promise that I would protect you in her absence and would search for your other half, Azlyn, and only then will Fantasia's powers come back to life. Clearly, more than one person knew this." He hesitated for a moment, letting us take it in. Keith whispered slowly,"Thanatos."

"Yes, Thanatos. Ophelia didn't just kill your mother to prevent the Negativity Crest from breaking, Thanatos somehow compelled her to. But she didn't do this knowingly, she was driven merely by an illusion, an illusion that your mother was the most dangerous NightMaire. He took you in, prepared you for the right time when the DreamMaker would be found and hence, Azlyn, because it would make most sense if the DreamMaker itself is the other half."

"So I have endless Blue Matter and he has Red Matter and obviously the combination would be White Matter." I cut in, understanding everything little by little. Dad nodded in agreement.

"That's correct. He wanted to finish the DreamMaker. But there was one problem. Only Chavez could kill her and hence, Keith was sent for this mission. Fyra would've combined both of your's pure spirits, and channelled the power into Thanatos, making him the most powerful being that ever existed. Now, this was a strictly need-to-know mission, therefore the war kept on going while he orchestrated the whole thing in the sidelines."

Dad finished with a sigh, probably with all the explanation. I'm sure Keith and I were still confused but atleast we knew everything now. "Today, both of you will be officially announced to the Upper World, which is called the Coronation Ceremony. It's the same day as the end of the war, so expect a lot of people, food and wine."