Chapter 11

Dedicating this chapter to Sanjana_Ramesh. Your votes have encouraged me endlessly! :)

_______________________________________________
- Keith's p.o.v -

I tried concentrating the lens on the bee that was buzzing around the dahlia. I clicked just as it went in to the flower to do its thing. I looked at the photo with a feeling of satisfaction and walked forward with my camera for something interesting. Just then, I heard a voice. I heard a voice in my head and I stopped moving. I was confused. Who would want to contact me, now?

She's awake.

I stood completely still.

Morpheus? I sent back a telepathic message. One of the perks of being a NightMaire.

You were right. She wasn't ready. But now she will be, I heard a slow voice.

Who?, I was still not getting it.

Azlyn is awake. There is no--

And silence. I tried replying but it wasn't going across. Suddenly, I felt a pull and my eyes widened as I realised the bitter truth.

Sophie, I murmured under my breath and I teleported to where the tug took me. A room. Catherine's room to be exact.

Catherine lay on the floor, lifeless. Just beside her, I saw Sophie bending over, one hand over her chest, breathing wildly. I screamed her name as I ran towards her and held her, just in time before she fell onto the ground. Her heart beat was erratic and I placed my index finger on her forehead and her body returned to its normal state.

I noticed a glittery smoke, a soul, was suspended mid-air and I realised that it was Catherine's. I laid Sophie on the ground as I quickly caught hold of the soul. I bent down to Catherine and let her soul enter her body again. I knew she wouldn't wake up now, but Atleast she was okay.

I wiped off the blood from her mouth and cleared the area a bit before laying her on the bed.

I tried to figure out what happened. Surely another NightMaire was involved in this.

I looked around and I noticed a pile of ash being blown around in a corner. I took a handful and let it go. Morpheus, I whispered. I told him to not come near her again. But what could kill a NightMaire? No one in the room would be--.

I stopped midway. I turned back at Sophie. Damn. This is what Fyra warned me about. This is the trigger. I kept shaking my head followed by more damns as I walked towards Catherine. Her body needed time to adjust to the soul again, so I decided to let her sleep for a day and I waved my hands over her.

I sighed. This is all wrong. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. I picked Sophie up and teleported to her room. I lay her on the bed and sighed again. This is all my fault. I should've been there to protect her. I should've warned her.

She slowly opened her eyes and I didn't really notice at first as I was completely lost in guilt. "KEITH?", I heard her scream. I was half-expecting that reaction because well come on, anyone would be freaked out after their first DreamLash and especially if they wake up and see a boy who just magically appeared.

But what followed I couldn't even imagine in my wildest dreams, (nightmares really, but you get my point.), Sophie got up and hugged me. She just hugged me. I froze on spot. Get away, I wanted to berate.

But she was so warm. Her arms enclosed around me in a tight embrace and it made me feel so different. Unsure, I mirrored her action and slowly pat on her back. I made space for her inside as she wriggled a bit and she eased in. Her head was on my chest and I crossed my fingers hoping she didn't hear my heart pounding like crazy.

"I was so scared." She spoke against me and I could feel her cold breath.

"It's alright. I'm here now." I cooed as I continued patting and squeezing her shoulders.

She pulled away in a few seconds and I immediately found myself wanting more. I felt so weird now that her warmth wasn't there. She looked at me, her hazel eyes were crystal now.

Oh my god, she's going cry.

________________________________________________
Author's Note :

Yeah. Yeah. Spoke too soon :P This is short xD

I hope you like his PoV. :P

There are some terms used by Keith which cannot be understood now, but later it'll be clear. :)

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Cheers!! xoxo

Affi ❤️