Chapter 20

I tumbled into my room and plopped onto my bed. I didn't want to cry, I wasn't able to cry. I was too pissed at having my trust broken again and again. Is it too hard to just, for once in my life, find someone who'll never lie to me, who loves me for who I am and knows all of me, including my flaws?

Catherine is one such person. My mom is one such person. My dad was one such person.I needed him now, more than ever. I needed someone to be here and tell me what to do.

I smacked my face onto the pillow. You're my only friend. I whispered to it. Of course, what do I do next? I turn to my music, the one thing which gives me solace. I choose a random playlist and crank up the volume as I put on headphones and lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

♫ I've put my trust in you
I've pushed as far as I can go
For all this, there's only one thing you- ♫

Skip.

♫When you don't part the waters I wish to walk through
When you don't give the answers as I cry out to you
I will trust, I will trust in you!♫

Double skip.

♫Down to earth,
It's like I'm frozen but the world still turns,
Stuck in motion and the wheels keep spinning around-♫

You've got to be kidding me.

Okay I have legit no idea why such songs are playing. I mean, out of the 8476 songs on my iPod classic (I'm very serious) are these the only ones that happen to be on shuffle? I scroll through and click on the Rock genre.

Right now, this is my only chance in lightening up my mood. I'm serious, rock is my rock. Hardcore music time!, I squeal in my mind, blocking out all the bitter memories that have occurred.

I was finishing the Metallica Album, head banging the whole time before the last song played.

♫So close no matter how far.
Couldn't be much from the heart.
Forever trusting who you are ,
And nothing else matters.♫

I loved this song. I don't know why, but I always thought it spoke out to me. Even though I was preventing slow songs, I decided to make an exception and listened on.

♫Trust I seek,
And I find in you.
Everyday for us something new,
Open mind for a different view,
And nothing else matters.♫

James Hetfield seemed to know me more, speaking to me through such mere words. By now, I already had tears in my eyes which I wiped away in haste. I took a quick shower and called Catherine. She'll help me take my mind off things, yeah?

Off the fact that Keith wanted to kill you all this time, my inner voice smirked.

I wonder when you'll learn to just shut up.

I phoned her and as expected, her cheery voice replied, "Hey!"

"Hiiiiii Cathy, listen I was wondering if you-"

"Haha! I'm just kidding, I'm not actually here. Leave your message after the beep and I'll probably listen to it never." Her answering machine beeped immediately.

I rolled my eyes. This girl is as creative as they get.

I put the phone down and sighed heavily. After pondering what to do for a while, I finally settled on having dessert downtown and then I would go to a park and watch people going about on their perfect little lives.

Not Pristek Park, my sub conscious hissed.

I was at the bakery eyeing what I wanted, the choices were endless, like only three. Yeah, this was a tiny one. But it was perfect because it was far from all those places which had held only bad memories for me. I cut through a strawberry cheesecake and was about to taste the bliss when I heard her voice.

"Hey, Kei- I mean Sophie." Catherine teased before taking a seat near me.

Wince.

Don't remind me of that asshole now.

I smiled forcefully, "How did you know I was here?"

"I'm psychic." She flicked her braid back dramatically.

I giggled a bit but composed myself,"No, seriously. Tell me."

She shook her head in disapproval, "I'm not kidding! And by the way boo, I need to show you something. Come with me."

"Nah, I think I'll pass. I'm really tired." And sad.

"That wasn't a question." She rolled her eyes and pulled me by my hand, and I followed her reluctantly as half of my cheesecake lay, not eaten. She took me to the back of the bakery and she suddenly started jumping hysterically.

"What is it?" I narrowed my eyes at her. Cathy wasn't acting like herself at all.

"Oh, sorry, I just couldn't wait. Now come here, intertwine our fingers." Her eyes twinkled at me. I squawked and jumped back, hitting her away.

"Ew, dude, you know I'm straight, right?" I gagged in a fake manner.

She snorted and came closer,"Well, I wouldn't know." And then she forcefully held my hands and I stopped cackling when she closed her eyes.

Immediately, the familiar world turning and puking feeling in my tummy regenerated and I continuously told me that I would be okay, everything was fine. But clearly nothing was. This seemed a lot like teleporting. Cathy? She can teleport? Does that mean-

I was snapped out of my thoughts when we stopped, jerking to a still. I opened my eyes and I was welcomed by a stink, like of rotting bodies. "Cathy?" I whisper-shouted. "Cathy, get your ass here!"

"Who Cathy?" Someone hissed.
__________________________________
Author's Note :

Uh oh xD

Strange turn of events, may I say :3 xD

Five hundred reads! Whoaw my god! 😱😁 A million thanks to all of you out there for this how much ever tiny milestone but actually quite big for a first timer like me! :'D :*

I'm entering this book into the Wattys 2016. Although there's not really a fat chance that I'll win, I guess I want to try it out. So please, please do support me in my endeavour by voting for every chapter! :')

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Cheers! xoxo

Affi 💛