Chapter 16

Dedicated to RL0925 for your awesome enthusiasm. :)

____________________________________
Although my knuckles hurt after they hit Grace's jaw, it didn't seem to override the throbbing pain in my feet. I couldn't even move them, not even a bit. I fell down onto the ground and when I glanced up I saw punches and kicks flying here and there.

Keith bashed the skater boy and had him held by his collar. He then threw him at the wall. The skater boy fell down, wounds gaping at me from almost every spot on his lanky body. I heard Keith hiss,"Grace, you should be thankful my mom taught me that I should never hit girls. Start worshipping her."

He bent down and held my chin up so now I looked directly at him. From the corner of my eye I could see Cathy spewing incoherent words at Grace as Drew held Cathy back from feasting on her like a KFC chicken.

Keith continued, black eyes to hazel ones,"Don't cry, princessa, I'm here for you." And his arms brushed down my back and stopped at my hip. In one swift moment, he carried me up. Yeah, he literally swept me off my feet. I couldn't stop staring at him, my hands automatically went around his neck as I held on for dear life. I rested my head on his hard chest as he walked and I calmed myself by counting the number of times his heart beat every minute. Whoa, 78 times!

Soon I was in the infirmary bed, Cathy sitting next to me, holding my hand and telling me how much Grace sucked. Well that she did. She sucked donkey balls. How could she say stuff like that about my dad?!?! Even though I was grateful that Cathy was here and so was Drew, inspite of the fact that he wasn't really comforting me because we were practically strangers, I was still looking for the person who saved me from this mess.

Keith.

Where the heck did he disappear?

"Your boyfriend is in detention." Catherine chortled when she noticed me scrutinising the room.

I narrowed my eyes at her and looked at her, morose,"He's not my boyfriend."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, hun." She didn't stop chuckling. "It seems you got a minor sprain in both your legs and you'll be completely alright in three days, so yay!"

Oh whew just in time to meet Josh. Hurray.

I got to go home early that day and my mom had to skip her afternoon shift to take care of me and honestly I felt so bad, already she was working so hard and supporting our finances. I made a mental note to sign up for work at McD after I'm alright. So you can say that those three days went by rather peacefully, with Keith and Cathy frequently visiting me.

One time only Keith had come to meet and I wanted to get up and just hug him again. He'd done sooooo much for me and I couldn't just thank him enough. It's no biggie, he'd grin whenever I brought up the matter. I told him about my father's cancer. He'd just hugged me. He took any opportunities we had to teach me to control my Blue Matter.

Breathe. Concentrate. Think how much of it you want. He would say.

And of course, being the amazing learner I am, I still hadn't got it.

~~~

To say I'd totally forgotten that it was Friday night and I hadn't chosen what to wear, would be a brutal lie. Of course I knew it was. He was the love of my life and I'm not sure if I still love him. His rugged face and burly manly features just remind me of the little boy who I'd thrown ice cream cones at.