Chapter 6

Dedicating this chapter to LoveShit33 . Girl, you've been an amazing person and even though we've never met, you've been so so helpful. XO
______________________________________________
I woke up with a jerk. My head was banging and I was at the edge of the bed, almost going to fall. Maybe it was a nightmare. Yeah, that's it.

"Mom?", I shouted, just to confirm everything was okay. "Yes, sweetie?", my mom opened the door slightly. I let out a sigh of relief and immediately stopped, thinking of what Morpheus said."Uh, nothing. I just wanted some water."

She nodded,"Sure." And she closed the door slightly. I sat upright and looked at the clock. 9:37.

I was going to get off the bed when I felt a sharp pain in my wrists. I examined it and to my horror, there were red fingerprint marks. So does this mean that it wasn't a nightmare? Did Morpheus really exist? Why didn't mom hear me when I screamed?

I chose to ignore all of my thoughts when my mom walked in with a glass of water. "Listen, our new neighbours are coming over. I need you to buy some groceries for me, would you please freshen up as quick as you can, Fia?"

I groaned,"Mom but I just woke up and it's --".

"Well I thought I'll make lasagna but as you can't go...", she smiled cunningly. I immediately said,"Oh no, it's okay, anything for you mom. And lasagna." I whispered the last part but I guess she heard as she started chuckling.

I huffed as I searched for the items my mom had jotted down. My head stopped banging but my wrists still ached. I pushed the trolley to cash counter and stood in the oh-so-long queue.

I was still thinking about last night. Who was that guy who 'saved' me? Why was someone even in my room?

You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do this.

You have no power, Azlyn, to defeat me.

Oh god. My life was legit screwed up.

"Hey.", someone spoke behind. I jumped as the voice was so startling and cold.

"Keith!", I exclaimed when I saw those two familiar black eyes,"I see you haven't stopped creeping people out." He rolled his eyes. He started,"Listen I need to talk to you." I waved him off, "Today I'm on holiday, from school and all your crap."

I moved my cart forward as the queue shortened. "Sophie, come on, please. I thought we were okay." I stopped. I looked at him with hands on my hip,"Okay. What do you wanna say?" He shook his head,"Not here. You need to come with me." He reached for my hand and I flinched as he held me by my wrists. "Wha--", his eyes widened as he saw the red marks,"That asshole."

I squinted my eyes,"Wait, what?". He ignored my question,"Tell me, does it hurt anywhere else? Are you really alright?" He eyed me up and down continuously. "Yeah, I am completely fine. Now don't change the subject. Answer me."

He shook his head,"I'll tell you. For now, just follow me."

"I'm going nowhere with you.", I stood my ground. He breathed heavily once before pushing my trolley away and started pulling me by my elbow.

"What the-- Hey you can't do this!", my wails fell on deaf ears as Keith brushed through supermarket and to the exit door. After a few meters, I jerked my hand away,"Okay, okay. I'm coming. Leave my hand."

When we reached the parking lot, he said to me, "What happened last night wasn't a nightmare."

"How do you know something happened last night?"

"I just know."

"It's not good enough. You seem to know so many things happening to me and I have no idea what they are."

"You need to trust me, Sophie."

I started to walk away. "You haven't given me any reason to."

"Stop!" He said and pulled me back.
He huffed,"I brought you here to show you."

"Show?"

"Yeah. Hold my hand now."

"Why?"

"Do you wanna see or not?"

"Fine.", I rolled my eyes. He can be forceful sometimes. Okay, most times. He held his hand out and said,"Believe in me, Sophie. Believe in me."

"Get it over with.", I said as I gave my hand.

As soon as we held hands the world swirled. Everything spiralled and I wanted to puke. I didn't know what was happening. I wanted to sit down and I started to bend towards the ground. My feet wobbled as I tried to regain posture.

"Hold on.", I heard Keith's voice. In the next three seconds everything became still. I opened my eyes slowly, my body still getting accustomed to the sudden stop. I expected us to be somewhere else, but to my surprise, we were in the same parking lot.

"What...why are we still here? What just happened?", I opened my mouth to talk and was immediately shushed.

"Sophie, we are elsewhere."
_______________________________________________________
Author's Note :

Yay! So there's the other chapter x)
Thanks to all those who've taken time to read my book.
Vote and comment to win a dedication.

Still taking reading requests! Go crazy! :D

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️