Chapter 9

Dedicating this chapter to GraceAngelS. No, your vote didn't go unnoticed. Thanks a lot!! :D
_________________________________________

After a what I would call a not-so-peaceful brunch, we returned inside. Ron was immersed in some magazine which sold barbecue grills and golf clubs. Weird combination, I know right?

"Elise, those cinnamon rolls were heaven! What was that thing on them?", I heard Tammy ask my mom with her naturally high-pitched voice. I felt someone's gaze on me and I looked up and found Ophelia just staring at me. Like, just staring. No expression of indifference or awkwardness of being caught.

Oh gosh, don't tell me she's a lesbian!

She still didn't flinch even though I was glaring at her. This started to seem more like a challenge to me now. Girl, I'm gonna stare the brains out of you.

Just when I started to stare back, her eyes flickered a bit and she raised her eyebrows at me. Shouldn't I be the one doing that?

"Uhh.. Do you mind?", she said softly. I looked at her dumbfounded. "What is it?", I asked the green-eyed staring devil seated opposite me. "Uh, you're kind of in the way.", she spoke shyly. I turned back and mentally smacked myself a million times.

Of course she was just watching the television. How stupid of me.

"Yeah...yeah sorry.", I stammered and got up to sit a seat away from her. The show got over and I switched the television off. I heard Tammy rumbling again and my mom had her I-don't-know-what-you're-saying-but-I'm-trying-to-be-polite face on. "I got this pencil skirt, you have no idea how hard it was to search for it!", Tammy soon hushed into a whisper,"There was this real cute store guy, you should've seen the look on his face when my butt was sticking out the--"

That was enough to send me scurrying upstairs and Ophelia followed suit. I motioned her up to my room and she complied. I let her in first as the amazing host I was and was closing the door when I heard a tiny gasp. I saw her gaze around with an amused look on her face. There was nothing really special about the room, except that every inch of the wall was covered with posters of bands/artists, a piano sat in one corner, clothes were spread all over my bed. I was a really neat and organised person. Not.

"I see you like music.", she spoke, walking towards the piano. Ding. Ding. Ding. I winced as she played a total out of key tune. "Like is an understatement.", I somehow got the words out, ignoring the fact that she managed to give my ear drums a rather brutal massage.

"Me too!", she beamed and giggled in the most girlish way possible.

Gag.

She twirled and made her way to my very own studio microphone. I'd saved my allowances for almost six months and after shovelling snow from Mrs. Tilly's driveway for a whole week, I was able to afford the little beauty. She went dangerously close to it and I bit my lower lip anxiously.

"Don't...knock it-", I was too late as Ophelia bumped into the stand which made it go flying to the floor. "OH MY GOD, NO!", I dived to catch it but it was too far and I fell face-first onto the ground. I closed my eyes in despair and waited to hear the tiny sound which would declare my dreams shattered.

But, no. There was silence. I turned my gaze upwards and saw Ophelia with her hands outstretched, body curved as her eyes were intently set on the microphone. The mike, was frozen mid-air, just a few centimetres above the floor. It just stayed there, motionless.

Ophelia moved her fingers and swished her arms up, making the microphone do the same thing. Now it stood straight and tall in its original place, in all its glory.

"What the- How did you do that?", I gaped at her as I got up. She covered her face with her palms immediately,"I-I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." She stammered and then her shoulders slumped as she removed her hands from her face. She was beautiful, with her Latin complexion and brown beach-waves hair. Her eyes had turned a darker shade of green now and were struggling to hold tears. "I need to go.", she said, rather uncomfortably, maybe with all my scrutinising.

Oh, wait no. I'm not a-

Sigh.

But how did she do that? Effortlessly she prevented the mike from going all berserk , come on, that's not nothing! I opened my mouth to bombard her with all the questions but she just fled downstairs.

I peeped from my door and I saw her shadow jump down to Tammy. I heard her say,"We really need to go, I'm so sorry." I guess Tammy did listen to her because in a few moments they were up and ready to leave, if you would call Ron glued to the magazine till the front door as ready.

"They're pretty good people, aren't they?", my mom spoke after we'd finished saying our goodbyes and watched the door click shut.

"Yup, they're interesting.", my gaze still didn't leave the door.

Very interesting.
___________________________________________
Author's Note:

Holá mi amigos! Como estas?!
*Special thanks to Dora there ^^ xD*

Yello!! :D This wasn't a filler chapter, nor will there be any filler chapters in this book, I just don't do them. XP

Hope you're liking the story and it isn't boring you so far!!
There's still a lot to go, so yush.

And yeah, I'm still taking them reading requests. :)
Comment your/any book, right here!! :D

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Cheerio!! xoxo

Affi ❤️