Chapter 21

Catherine appeared out of nowhere and stood before me with her arms crossed. It looked like her, but her voice was DEFINITELY different. Something was off here. If even she was a being like me, it would be so cool, we could be like the Super Duos or something.

Ahh, the highlife.

Before I wandered away to my little dreamworld, she spoke again. "You're so foolish, you know." But this time, the voice was more deep and it was almost like a growl.

"What are-"

Before I could finish myself, Catherine's face squished together and her whole body started to spiral in a weird way. After a long three seconds, a totally different being stood smirking in front of me.

Black-coal eyes. Hair swept over his forehead. Atleast 6 feet tall, compared to my 5'7". There was a flicker of red flaming in his eyes. He was huge, like really wide. He breathed so loudly, that it seemed like it was amplified by Bose speakers. His hands were almost red, nails poking out like claws.

A typical monster.

And of course, I do what any sane person would've done.

I screamed and shouted and started to run away. It was pretty dark, and I didn't really have an idea where I was going. All I knew was I needed to get away from it. Or him. Whatever.

Bam.

I crash into a eroded stone wall, which was a bit hotter than usual. Just my luck. Its sharp cuts gave rise to tiny scratches on my forehead. I heard a chuckle and the next second, he'd grabbed me with his strong arms, his grips tightening uncomfortably around my waist.

"LEAVE ME."

"I won't, birdie. I've been waiting too long for you to just let you go."

His grin grew wider as he pressed harder and chuckled again, causing me to yelp in a higher voice. I squeezed my eyes shut and pushed myself off of him, but he didn't seem to let me go. He continued to hurt me, one more minute and my ribs would crack.

"LEAVE ME, YOU FILTHY ANIMAL!"

Saying so, I head butted him on his face and he momentarily let me go, giving me the slight relief and then he held me back. He grunted for a minute and spoke, spitting saliva all over,"My, my. Girl got guts. I'm not an animal. I'm a being, just like you."

"Don't even think of comparing me with you!" I scowled, and his grip loosened a teeny tiny bit as he roared in laughter. What's so funny, a-hole? Is what I wanted to say but. Huh. I could kick his balls off.

Before I could put my plan into action, he pulled my chin with his right hand, and stared into my eyes, clearly trying to intimidate me. Pfffft.

COULDN'T HE SEE THAT I WAS ALREADY SHIT SCARED?

"Don't you get it, birdie? You're the DreamMaker. And I? I'm Thanatos, the DarkHorse."

"So you make dark horses? Wow, that's so impressive." I rolled my eyes. Yeah, I was scared but that didn't mean that the sarcastic-Sophie would just hide herself inside the blankets of her bed. Well, I'd rather be doing that than be here in the arms of a complete lunatic.

He roared at me, his saliva now a flood. "I make nightmares, I am the negative energy creator."

"But God-"

He shushed me, but I also partly closed my mouth because I was afraid I'll contract Ebola with the amount of saliva that's been flying around. "God didn't create me. I was created by nature itself."

"How's that even possible?" He now let me down, and I was so thankful that I would probably lick his feet if he asked me to.

"You see, God made this law which says that every action in nature has an equal and opposite reaction."

"I believe that is Newton." I corrected. Whoa, I've not been completely spacing out in physics classes.

"And who created Newton and his brains? God. Now shut up. So, when you were created, you were the action and behold, you see before yourself, the wonderful reaction of Mother Nature." He stood a little taller, if that's even possible, proudly. "But there's a teeny mistake in this law. You're actually stronger than me."

Hearing this, I attempted to land a fist on his stomach which he skilfully stopped singlehandedly. "No, not now, little birdie." He cackled. "But when you're ready, you will be. And when you're ready, we will....." He trailed off.

"We will?"

"We will join our forces and rule the world!" He roared in laughter.

"Never!" I spat on him, bawling my eyes out. This didn't even make him flinch as he easily grabbed me up again, before throwing me at the wall. I fell down with a groan. I could almost taste blood in my mouth. Why did he have to be so goddamn violent?

"You don't have much of a choice, young lady!", he bellowed as he banged a metal door shut. I take in my surroundings and canvass it slowly. There was mostly darkness, but I could see just enough. I could feel metal bars covering one side of the room.

Why did Thanatos want me? When I'm ready? What forces?

I fell back onto the ground, my lilliput making a reappearance in my head.

What have I got myself into.

_________________________________________
Author's Note:

Hawwwwwwww? 😱

Well, I know this chapter isn't that long but this was the best place to end it so lol :P

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️