Chapter 25

Dedicated to DreamgirlFantasy1, for being an amazing supporter and friend. I love you, wifey/some-other-relation-I-don't-remember. :* Goooo Pika xD
___________________________________
A White Castle.

Pure white, shone like an opaque diamond in the sunlight. Perfect edges, intricate carvings and dots of vibrant colours hugged the cold, marble palace. I just stopped on spot, overwhelmed by the view.

Of course, that didn't stop Marjorie from whining like a three year old and yanking my hand, pulled me to this almost fifteen feet brown wooden door. She placed her fingers on the crystal knob as the door suddenly just swung open. We both screamed, jumping away in fright.

"About time."A deep voice spoke in a condescending tone.

A huge being, so huge that I couldn't even see most of it's head. The body was just as muscular, and I literally looked up to him to catch a glimpse of his face. It was covered, by some mesh, I suppose. It glittered just a tiny bit.

"You don't have to be so scared, kid." He continued, and I imagined his eyes drilling holes through my tiny pimple of a head. He glanced at Marjorie now, "Whereas, you Jo, need to be. You're so late."

"Look, it was hard to locate her. We had some problems on the way and-" She started, waving her hands in an animated way, but the BigFoot over here cut her off. "Shush. We can't waste anymore time. I'm taking her. Thank you for your services." His voice dripped with formality and authority. He now looked down at me, "I'm Gabriel, the ArchAngel. We need to hurry now, so if you will, follow me."

Marjorie walked into the palace, but Gabriel held his hand up and halted her. "We need to do this alone." He said, sternly. Ignoring Marjorie's scowl, he turned his back to me and that's exactly when I noticed the wings.

Brown, feathery and a thick pair wings covered his back, talons at their circumference. It made a slight swoosh sound as it opened up and Gabriel, with one stroke, flew deep into the palace, which I now noticed was just as magnificent on the inside. There were two lush gardens, situated adjacent to each other. A beautiful white staircase led up to probably another equally amazing place. The walls were like stand-alone masterpieces. I gaped for a moment, before I heard Gabriel clearing his throat which came out as a roar, and ushered me into a room.

The metal door creaked open and I stepped inside. The walls were still white but one of them was wood. This room was huge, but was empty, except for this beige carpet, right in the middle. I inspected the scriptures and I glanced at Gabriel quizzically.

"Where is everyone?"

"At the war."

"Oh." I looked down.

War, huh? What is good for? Absolutely nothing!

Okay, bad time to break into a song.

"Come here, sit on this mat." He pointed to the strange carpet and I complied, sitting with my knees folded over the soft cloth. He mirrored my actions as he heaved down with a sigh and tilted his head slightly,"Close your eyes. And, don't open them till we're done."

Uh, what exactly are we going to do?

I decided that I shouldn't really retaliate and just follow his orders. Honestly, I was just shit scared he would whack me with his strong wings if I did otherwise. I closed my eyes rather reluctantly and sighed.