Chapter 1

It was a normal day at school. It was Math class and I constantly stared at the blackboard hoping that by some voodoo the numbers would rearrange itself and reveal the true meaning. I kept shaking my leg under the desk and chewed on my pen to show I was really concentrating.

I felt someone elbow me. I looked to my side and Catherine gives me the usual stop-shaking-the-desk look. I smiled sheepishly and shook my leg even more violently to make her scream in frustration. She let out a deep sigh, shook her head slowly and went back to practicing sums. She loved math for some reason. Like how?? Math is mental abuse to humans and I, myself, am a human.

Catherine Seinfield. My bestest friend, she was a spontaneous girl with gorgeous red hair curling at the ends. She had a major people-pleasing ability and not one day passed without her making a new friend. I watched as her green eyes skimmed over her notes.
I shook my leg once again in a last attempt.

"Sophie!!" she finally gave up,"Will you please stop it?". I grinned and turned forward, facing our math teacher with hair like you see on your palms. Yeah, you got my point. He was bald and his head shone like the sun, thus was nicknamed HeadLight. He glanced at me as if to shush me and I sunk deeper into my chair to hide myself from the rays of his sight.

"We got a new student today." Headlight said and he motioned to a student sitting at the first bench. "Why don't you introduce yourself?" He asked with a pretentious smile. The boy nodded and stood up. I peeped from the last bench for a better view. All I could see was his jet black hair and his kind of well-built figure.

Cathy whispered,"Have you seen him before?" I shrugged and remained looking forward.

The boy spoke with a soft voice, "Um.. My name is Keith. I've been transferred to here from..um.. Brooklyn.." Ohhhhs spread across the class and he continued,"Uh.. I'm really into photography and I'm not that good at games... And er.. I hope I'll have a nice experience here.." And he sat down.

Though I couldn't see his face, I was pretty sure it was red as you could hear, you could actually smell his nervousness flowing in the atmosphere. "Weird kid." I spoke softly and Cathy nodded.

The bell rang and I wanted to kiss it. I was waiting so long for the class to get over and the best part, it was lunch break. I pulled Cathy up, who was busy arranging her books. "Come on!" I wailed," Everyone are going and the sandwiches will get over!" She replied in waits and I just stood there rolling my eyes.

That's when the new guy brushed past us. "Hey!" Cathy called out," Come here!" What's she doing? I stood there and didn't say anything. He looked pretty surprised, and then looked at me as if I called him out. Cathy continued," Keith, right? Come here." He walked towards me. I just looked at him in surprise as if telling him 'Eyo I didn't say nothing, she be the gal calling you.'

He reaches upto me and then turns toward Cathy. "What is it?" He asked slowly. "Aren't you the newbie? Do you wanna join us for lunch? We'll show you around school." Ahh. The nice Cathy. Why she be so kind? I just wanted to go so I also chimed in yeses. He looked at me and then nodded,"Okay."

Great, I thought and turned towards the door, accidentally stepping on Keith's foot. He grunted and then controlled it. I broke out in a series of sorry-it-was-by-mistake. He shook his head, "It's alright, Sophie." I smiled and we three walked towards the canteen. And then it striked me. How in the world did he know my name?

Cathy was at the counter collecting our lunch while me and Keith were at a four-seater waiting in peace where I decided to pop the question,"Um.. How do you know my name?" He flicks his bangs behind and looks into my eyes with a demonic feel. That's when I noticed how black his eyes were. Black as coal. And oh my god. Don't tell me I saw a hint of eye liner.

"Of course I do." He said coolly,"After all, I've been searching for you." My eyes narrowed at him,"What do you mean??" He just shook his head,"You'll know in due time. You'll know." And he leaned back. That moment I felt like strangling him and squeezing the words out. I'm pretty sure I would've done that hadn't Cathy come at the table.

"Here are your diet sandwiches, Sophie. Extra lettuce and broccoli.", she flashed a smile. I stuck my tongue out at her and munched away as she passed a potato roll to Calvin. He smiled shyly. He wasn't so shy a few minutes ago.

Cathy questioned him of his history, family and all and I listened on. He spoke with a deep voice, he said that he lost his father who was in the army at a very early age, soon his mother too, and he'd been living with one of his far relatives, and how he didn't want to leave Brooklyn but had to because he was given a mission. "Ooo, what mission?", Cathy asked. I was least interested, I was getting this vibe from him which I didn't like. I was hogging some chips when he looked at me again. "That's confidential.", he smiled crookedly.

My love for the bell disappeared as it rang again indicating that it was time for class and it was physics. Woohoo. We made our way to our places and our physics teacher, this short lady with a huge stomach and round spectacles almost rolled into our class. I actually thought she was pregnant, but when her weight hadn't lessened for more than two years, I concluded that she wasn't. See, this is why I have trust issues.

We learnt a bit about collision and ma'am just kept looking at me and I nodded as if I was Einstein and I understood every word she taught.

I made it through the day, in one piece fortunately. Cathy and I planned on having some ice cream before going home. We did this quite a lot nowadays, what with new things to gossip about.

"Soooo", she started,"I heard Cruella got dumped again." I sneered,"She deserves it. What, this is like the fifth time in a month?" She nodded, scraping the bottom of her cup searching for more Cotton Candy ice cream.

Cruella a.k.a Gracie Wellington was the rich, spoilt douchebag of our school. She was pretty, but very very stupid. She was extremely popular for the same reason. But anyways she had two sidekicks kissing her ass all the time. So many times she tried to bring me down, I usually just shut her up with some remark, making her regret her words.

We talked about other irrelevant stuff before retiring for the day.

I walked along the similar road, with the same surroundings, same people, same thing everyday. Atleast that's what I thought.

________________________________________________
Author's Note :

Hey there! It's that annoying girl again. :P
Woop woop! xD
Sophie not boring you guys? ;)
Keith be real creepy?

As always, please do vote and leave a comment. I would love to know what you think.
Follow and add this to your reading list to get notified when there's an update or when you've been tagged.

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️

Unforgiven Dreams ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें