Chapter 14

I know one thing for a fact now - I am a DreamMaker. No, wait, I am The DreamMaker. I tried so hard but I couldn't get the Blue Matter again. Snap. Poof. Crack. No, nothing.

I wonder if Catherine is alright? Well it's like ten in the morning and she should probably be up. I picked up the phone and clicked on her horribly funny contact display picture. It was from this time we'd gone to eat at Freddy's and she'd suddenly got it in her head that she would beat the Guinness World Record for most number of French Fries ever stuffed into one's nose. I don't even think that's an actual record.

And guess what, she did it. I mean she did stick in like five in her each nostril, and obviously I didn't miss the opportunity to click a picture which would haunt her for the rest of her life. Muahaha, I'm evil.

Anyways, after exactly nine rings which I hopelessly counted, she started with a yawn. Well I don't care if I woke her up from her oh-so-amazing slumber, that girl needed to prove her existence to me.

"Only you know how much I love being waken up so early in the morning, Soph."

In normal situations, I would've been smirking and would've replied with some mild profanities. But this was anything but normal. My best friend had literally come back, to life! Man, hearing her voice was so fascinating, satisfying and welcome. I snorted at her sarcasm.

"Aww, so sweet of you to neglect the fact that it is.. FREAKING TEN in the morning."

"Huh....what?!?"

"Yeah, sleepyhead. I guess you had an over beauty sleep."

"Oh, shut up."

"So coming to my place like we planned, right?"

"Yup. I'll be grabbing some beer on the way too."

"Wait wha-"

"Chill your stuff, woman. I was just kidding. I'll get soda, alright?"

"Wokay."

"See you.."

"...when I see you!"

So she's okay. She probably had no recollection of the time the late Morpheus had his stinky foot on her back. Or the pain. Oh god, how will I ever thank Keith?

My stomach grumbled and I smoothened my pink hello kitty pyjamas. Yeah, yeah, make fun of me, but when you get into these smooth as fudge stuff, you'll question yourself which rock you've been living under to not have ever worn these.

I walked down the stairs slowly and I heard my mom humming away while she flipped pancakes. I breathed in the aroma of the slight vanilla scent and that unleashed a zoo in me. Wow, the next Jungle Book movie might just be shot inside my tummy.

"Hey, mom-"

I'm known to be a braveheart but when your mother goes all Ninja-Hattori on you and flicks the spatula right at your face, you do nothing but scream. Scream like the world is ending and you get the hell out of there.

"Oh, Fia it's you! I'm so sorry, you just scared me!"

"That doesn't mean you smack my face with the spatula! That too, a hot one!", I scowled in a mushed voice, rubbing my nose repeatedly which had become red as a cherry now.