Chapter 12

- Sophie's P.o.V-

I slowly opened my eyes. My head was poking me so bad and my sight was still a bit bleary. The last thing I remembered was falling down and a silhouette screaming my name from the door. I forced my eyes open more and there he was, Keith, sitting beside me. He was staring into the distance, probably lost in thought. His coal black hair was messy, but it didn't matter, he in fact looked cute.

Wait, why am I even thinking about him? I would love to say that it was the booze acting but alas. Waiiitttttt, why is he even here?

"KEITH!!!", I shouted, mostly out of surprise. He immediately jerked his head towards me and a small smile etched his face. I don't know what overcame me, I just hugged him. It was such a relief seeing him here.

Finally. Someone who can understand me. Someone who can give me answers. Someone who can tell me exactly WHAT THE HELL happened.

At first, he didn't hug me back. I started regretting that I even tried and just when I was about to let go, he hugged me back. I felt so comfortable that for a moment, I forgot about everything. All my worries, my grief went flying out the window. I could feel his heart thumping against my ears. "It's alright. I'm here." He spoke into my hair and ran his hands up and down my back. It actually made me feel so calm.

All of a sudden, I remembered Catherine. I pulled away and one tiny tear fell on my cheek which I wiped in haste, hoping Keith didn't see it. "Cathy." I tried my best to not squeal and burst into tears. I expected him to get all concerned but instead, he gave me a toothy grin. The balls to smile when my best friend died! How rude.

"She's fine." He chirped. "I put her back to sleep though. She won't remember a thing about today."

"Really?!?!", I shrieked. The thought of losing Catherine had sent my mind into a turmoil. But wait, didn't she die? What does he mean she's fine?

Unable to bear anymore, I fell back onto the bed, sighing loudly. "Oh damn, Morpheus was there and something happened to me. There was this blue colour thing and when I let it--", Keith put his finger on my lips and shushed me. He snorted and lay down beside me. I couldn't take my mind off the fact that his right leg was on my favourite 'Pizza be my bae' tee. Okay, I should really clean my room.

"Sophie, that was your first DreamLash.", he said nonchalantly as it was something everyone hears once in a while. Once in a blue moon, that is.

"Uh..what?"

"D-R-E-A-M-L-A-S-H.", he said every letter more profoundly.

I rolled me eyes,"Yes, I heard that well and clear. What is it?"

"Welllllll, I've not told you this before, but you're not exactly a human being.", he drawled and scratched the back of his head, "You're a being, with certain.....powers."

"Powers?"

"Yeah. Like DreamLashing."

"Which I already asked about and got no answer."

He scoffed,"Will you let me complete myself?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"You see, Dreams, they aren't like just visions or some non-existent form. It's an energy. And only some beings can harness it."

I wanted to stop him right there and call it bull but he continued,"As we all know, there are two kinds of dreams. Nightmares and-"

"The frolicking ones" I finished.

"Precisely. Anyways the beings who can harness the energy of nightmares are called, well, NightMaires and the beings who can harness the energy of the, how did you put it, 'frolicking ones', are called DreamMaires.", he said as he air quoted the word frolicking.

I think he sensed that I was going to comment something as he again cut me off by shushing me,"So, when you DreamLash, the energy is harnessed and you get the Blue Matter which can destroy anything. Well, most things."

"Uh, so the blue flame thingy was Blue Matter?", I examined my palms repeatedly. He smiled, relieved I was getting it.

"Yes. The energy that NightMaires are able to harness is called Red Matter. Like, for example." He snapped his fingers and a red flame flourished into existence.

"How did you-"

"I'm a professional." He smirked, clearly enjoying this.

If I got a penny for everytime I rolled my eyes at him, I would probably be a billionaire. In a limousine. With a hot wife. And a hotter girl to cheat on her with.

He flexed his palms and the flame disappeared. "With practice, even you can control your Blue Matter."

I didn't say anything, just nodded.

"This Blue Matter is stronger than Red Matter. It can destroy beings. Be careful with it."

"Uh, so I am a DreamMaire?"

"No, Sophie, you're the Dream Maker."
____________________________________________
Author's Note :

So that happened.

This is getting complicated, isn't it. Told ya in the beginning, it ain't nothing normal. Some fantasy crap it is. XP

Hooowwwwwwwww issssssss itttttttttt???? Boring? Awesome? I won't know unless you tell me. :)

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️