Chapter 22

~ Keith's PoV ~

Ophelia.

Ophelia.

Oph-

Argh.

There was no power on earth which is as strong as my hate for her right now. I remember the night when I walked into my mom's room, with a gift in my hand, an angel pendant, for her birthday.

As I entered the room I'd seen she wasn't there. But Ophelia was.

She gasped all of a sudden, her eyes were almost wet with tears. She was sweating profusely. She backed to the wall, and dragged herself down.

"Hey, what happened?"

I walked closer to her and she turned her face away from me, squinting her eyes, waiting to see what I was going to do next. I wasn't able to understand why she was acting like that. Her brown hair wrapped one side of her face and her slender arms were stuck against the fuchsia wall.

I bent down and turned her face such that her green eyes fluttered at me. I remember how she always made me melt with that tiny gleam. But this time, there was guilt, fear even, reflecting in those beads.

"I-I-I'm sorry." She whispered and pushed me a bit as she got up.

"What are you talking about, Lia?"

"K-K-Keith, I-I had no ch-ch-choice." She stammered as she inched to the open window.

"What did you do?" Now I was really worried. What was she even talking about? Why was she so anxious?

I placed the box on the dresser and followed her gaze to a corner of the room. Ash blew around, fine grey ash. Did something burn? But this ash, it was different than normal ones. This was that of a-

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY MOTHER?" I couldn't help but roar at her as she pressed her eyes together again as I screamed. Did she kill her? But that wasn't even possible. She was a Linx, she couldn't DreamLash.

Obviously she could hear my thoughts as she slowly spoke,"I-I-I got Ryan to do it."

Ryan? Ryan Walker, my best friend? Ryan Walker, the DreamMáire?

But how?

Oh yeah, the power of her mind. Mind over Matter. How amusing.

"BUT WHY?"

"Because.."

She supported herself onto the window sill.

"BECAUSE?" I completely lost it by now. She didn't give me any reply as she let go of the sides of the window and fell down, but when I ran outside to save her, she was already gone.

Gone without notice, without warning, without telling me why the first girl I ever loved killed my mother.

My life is really screwed up.

I thought I would never love again, I'd shut my heart for anyone and everyone. I was too scared because the scar she left on me still hurt and I wasn't sure if I would ever be strong enough to endure the pain again.

And then comes Sophie.

Thanatos had given me one mission, one mission to do. Befriend her and get her Umanoya, he'd said. Gain her trust. Besides, after this he promised me the position of Supreme Leader. Ohhhh, the power.