Chapter 23

Dedicating this chapter to thessguy for the amazing votes.
Thanks! 💜
________________________________________
~ Sophie's PoV ~

I was lying on my bed, snuggled under millions of blankets, watching 2 Broke Girls and munching away on a packet of potato chips. I hear a knock on my door which actually surprises me. My mom never knocks. Is it her in the first place?

I cautiously call out, "Yeah. Come in."

The white door opens with a creak and there stands the boy, raking his fingers through his soft, silky blond hair and grinning at me, his cobalt-blue eyes gleaming in the sunlight.

"What are you doing here, Stone?" I looked at him, with an expressionless face and a stern voice. I never called anyone by their surnames unless they're elder than me or I'm infinitely pissed at them.

This is of course the latter case.

"Aw, whatever happened to Joshie now?" He made a puppy face, his smile curving into a frown.

"Get out."

He shook his head and made his way closer. "Soph, don't fear me. I won't hurt you."

"I don't care. You've hurt me enough. Now GET OUT." I screamed in a shrill voice as I got onto my feet and shoved him away.

"Whoa!" He put his hands up in defence,"Calm down, kitty. It's not like you're worth getting beat up or something."

"What did you say?"

"I'm saying..." He paused, and then lengthened his hand outside my room door and pulled some one in, "I have her now. She's my everything. And she has everything, if you know what I mean."

I fumed with anger as I recognised the slender figure in an orange tank top and denim shorts which were short enough to be her underwear, twirling her way into Josh's arms as he pulled her closer and then kissed her wildly, hungrily even.

Grace.

It seemed like it'd been light years since they'd started making out before Grace pulled out and snickered at me,"What more proof do you want that you're just a useless, worthless, piece of shit!"

More laughs from both of them.

How dare they-

I cough badly and I find myself opening my eyes, my head throbbing with pain and body aching likewise. Was that a dream?

Fortunately, it was. Or unfortunately?

I breathe heavier than usual as I come back to my senses and the fact that I've been kidnapped by Thanatos and am being held a prisoner. All alone. In a stinking cell. The darkness. The place shouts out sorrow, misery, despair and what not. I have no idea how to get out of this mess.

Thanatos forced me to call Keith telepathically and then he knocked me out by waving his hands over me, and I don't know what happened but I lost conscious.

My movements are limited as my hands and legs are tied with a sharp, scaly rope which had this golden sheen but it kept driving into my skin, making cuts. My eyes scrolled around the cell when they caught a boy sitting opposite of me, mirroring my state.

Keith.

My first instinct is to call his name out but I control myself. This Keith, he's the one who was going to harm me. This Keith, who I believed in, turned out to be a betrayer. I bit my lower lip, unsure of what I should do.