Chapter 7

"Are you kidding me? This is where we were before too."

"No, you see, this is a parallel universe."

"What?", I looked at Keith, as my blurry sight gradually started clearing.

He nodded, "Yeah. This world is just the same as the Earth, except, no one lives here and the time passes five times slower than that on earth."

"What do you mean?"

"God. Okay come with me."

He led the way out of the supermarket's parking lot, and I noticed no one was there. The old man by the road, the employees clearing away trolleys or little kids playing in the park in the side. No one. The atmosphere was so eerie with all that silence.

I followed him and I realised he was going to my house. He opened the door. "Mrs. Hazelwood, are you home?", he smirked. I elbowed him,"Yeah, yeah. I see your point."

Just then, we heard a noise from above. It came from my room. "Wait here.", he said and walked up the staircase.

After a few minutes I heard a rumble upstairs. "Why, you monster.", I heard Keith shout in anger,"I told you not to come here."

"Why do you think I'll listen to you?", another voice, clearly in rage, said.

"I'll bring her to you. Till then leave her alone."

"You're taking too much time. Fyra is mad at you."

"She's not how we thought she was. She isn't ready. She is something more than just a pawn in your game."

"I see you've developed feelings for the girl. That's not good."

"Bolshevik. You know I can't fall in love. Especially with a human."

"You and I both know she isn't human."

"Give me a week. Don't even think about taking her Umanoya."

"As long as Fyra doesn't lose her patience."

I heard a whoosh and I imagined the someone-else disappearing into thin air like Morpheus did last night. Silence. Keith walked down slowly.

"What was that all about?", I questioned him as he sat down on the front porch. He shook his head and ran his hands through his jet black hair repeatedly.

Suddenly, he looked up at me and instantly his eyes darted to my neck. "Why aren't you wearing that chain I gave you?". My head drooped down and I started fidgeting,"Uh...what chain? I don't know what you're talking about."

He let out a hmph as he got up and stood in front of me, "Look, that is for your protection. Had you been wearing it before, Morpheus wouldn't have been able to transport you to this universe in your sleep. Last night would've never happened."

"Ohh.", I bit my lower lip. "Wait, how do you--"

He shushed me,"No, no more questions. I know a lot of things, Sophie. So many things that you wouldn't even understand. So don't ask me how I know stuff."

I rolled my eyes but I nodded slightly.

"Come, let's go home now."

I held his hand as we 'swished' back to the real universe, Atleast I guess so. "What is this thing you do?" I asked, dazed, again. "Teleportation.", he said as he spread his hands across the air as if to give it a mystifying effect.

"Who are you?", I smiled.

"You'll know in due time, Sophie. You'll know.", and he 'teleported' away before I could say anything.
~~~~
I walked back into the supermarket, my trolley shoved to a corner. The queue had shortened a bit though but I still had to go to the back of the line. I got the things billed after standing there for Atleast fifteen minutes and then walked back home, supporting it on my shoulder.

"Hey, hon' ", my mom smiled as I entered,"Thanks a ton. Go change now. They'll be here in an hour at the most." I nodded and crawled up the stairs.

I didn't think much and just slipped into a black tank top, wearing an oversized grey pullover which had a huge white heart right in the middle. So much for thinking that love is bullshit, I thought as I pulled on my black leggings. I tied my hair in a high pony tail and waited for my bangs to magically fall on my face, just the way I hated. Urgh, being a girl was so difficult.

I stared at the mirror. I looked alright. Could've been worse. I touched the mirror and for one second I thought my hand would pass through it. The past few happenings had me doubting reality, I couldn't help but think such nonsense stuff.

♫ Finders keepers, losers weepers!
Welcome to the end of eras,
Ice has melted back to-- ♫

I was snapped out of my thoughts as my ringtone played and hesitantly, I picked it up.

"Hey..!", I heard a voice, a voice I tried so hard to forget, a voice I tried so hard to hate. I melted inside.
_________________________________________________
Author's Note :

Before you decide to fry me in an oil pan because of how short this chapter is, hear me out. xD
I already told you that they will be short but eh, the next one will be quite long to make up for everything. :3
Apology accepted?
Hope so. x)

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

My silent readers, please do make yourselves noticed.
Your lovely votes and comments will get you dedications. :D

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️