Chapter 4 - History

Kelli's POV
__________

Brian helped me up. "So, are you sure you're okay?" He asked. "Yea." I said. "I just don't wanna talk about it when there are so many people in here." "Then maybe Friday after school?" He asked. "I don't know." I said. "I have a softball tournament in Sharon. Maybe next Tuesday? It's Labor Day weekend then." "We'll see." He said. "In the meantime, stay hydrated. Keep the water. You need it more than me." I heard chuckling. "Shush!" I said trying not to smile. "I can hear you guys." I saw some surprised faces and I wanted to face palm. But if I did, then people would be suspicious. I just shut up. "What class do you have next?" He asked. "Biology." I said. "What room?" He asked. "312." I said. "Why?" "Just wondering." He said laughing. "Okay." I said.

Then the bell rang. Now I had to go to biology. 'Ugh. I'd rather be in this class all day.' I thought. "You wish you had this class all day, huh?" Brian asked, laughing. "Stop reading my mind." I said. "It feels like you are." I punched him in the shoulder. "Barely feel it." He said. "Okay, now you're making me feel weak." I said. "Well, I'm older and stronger than you." He said. "Bye." I said jokingly. He put his arm around me and patted me on the head. I almost panted and kicked the ground, but I kept that in. I walked up to biology. Before the bell rung, I walked into the classroom and there was Ms. Cardoza writing on the white board. I sat down as the bell rang. We talked about the stages of biodiversity and ecosystems.

I overheard people talking about wolves and soon, there we were talking about wolves impacting the environment around other organisms. I sighed as the others were acting back and forth that wolves affect it for a bad cause. I know they affect it for a good cause because that increases the supply of food and the over grazing of the deer will not be a problem. Well, knowing me, those deer would go down to a reasonable amount for a reason. It's to decrease the scarcity of food. And by food, those wolves will have a good meal. I was in my assigned group when we did this. I was with three boys and my friend Erin. Erin and I were arguing against the boys. We knew we were right. However, when I made that remark, I felt my eyes sting.

I blinked hard. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Yeah, I guess." I said. I looked in an object with a reflection. I saw my eyes glowing yellow. "You don't look like you are okay." One boy said. "Are you sure? Do you need to go to the nurse?" "No." I said. "I'm fine." I fixed my necklace and my eyes turned back to brown. "Strange." The second boy said. "You saw that too, right Dan?" "Yeah Josh." Dan said. "I swear I saw her eyes change. What about you, Ian?" The third boy answered. "It's like she's not human." He said. "Okay, stop it." Erin said, stepping in. "You guys are freaking her out." "Jeez." Dan said. "Just saying."

Then the bell rang. I quickly ran out of the classroom and I was on my way to math. Erin caught up with me. "You gotta control yourself." She said. I froze. "You know?" I asked. "I'm not stupid, Kelli." She said. "I've read about ones like you. It's the necklace." "Don't tell anyone, please." I said. "Why would I?" She asked. "I wouldn't rat you out. But I'm willing to help you out." "Wow, thanks." I said. "I just don't wanna talk about it around others." "It's, alright." She said. "Just tell me about your history of your clan and I'll see what I can do to help you." I entered the classroom. "Bye." I said. "See you at lunch, kid." "Yup, you too." Erin said.