Chapter 10 - Hallucinations

WARNING: Graphic scenes.

Kelli's POV
___________

...Dream...

I was at the softball field pitching to my father. When all of a sudden I hear a gunshot. I hear the gunshot as soon as the ball hits my glove as I turn away towards the mound. My right shoulder starts to ache. "One more pitch and I'm good." I said. I turn around to receive another sign from my father, but I see his sitting body slouching and limp on the bucket. I don't notice the real detail until I throw the next pitch. The ball hits his glove and he falls over backwards. I run over to see that my father has been shot and killed. I then see the bullet in the stone dust. I inspected it. Silver. A silver bullet. I then checked on me. I see that it has grazed my right shoulder. Someone shot at us. I packed up and put my things in the dugout as I text Rachel to teleport the bag and my father's body to my house. She replies and it disappears.

I then go back to the bullet and smell it. I then sniffed the air. The scent led me to Thompson street. I then ran towards a person in the darkness. "Hello?" I called. "Where are we? Can you tell me where I am?" "Of course I will." He said. He sounded like a teenager. "Hello, Kelli." He said. He turned around. "Brian." I said. "What are you doing out in the open?" "What are YOU doing out in the open?" He asked. "Excuse me?" I said. "I just wanna know where I am." "Glad you asked." He said. "I can see you're still alive. So how did you survive that? I can see that bullet in your hand. At least you have your batting gloves on."

I knew that if I took them off, the silver would weaken me. It's the oldest trick in the book. I wouldn't fall for that. He then walked towards me. "I'm just glad you're okay." He said as he grabbed my waist. I dropped the bullet as he pulled me close. As we kissed, I felt a burning pain in my neck. It was the remains of the silver bullet. I pulled away. "What the hell!" I screamed. I then hear a fresh bullet drop to the ground. Then I felt the pain in my shoulder.

"Your lucky I didn't aim for your heart." He said. I was taken aback by what he said. Tears ran down my face. "Why are you doing this?" I screamed. "How do you know about me?" "No, it's not me who tried to shoot you." He said as he pointed to a dead girl with red curly hair on the ground with her head separated from her body. I fell into Brian's arms. I was crying into his shoulder.

He then grabbed my waist forcefully and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held onto him like a lost puppy. Then he started to untuck my black and gold camouflage shirt. I tried forcing his arms down and away from me, but it was no use.

I was weak from the bullet. "Easy." I murmured. He didn't listen. Soon, his cold hands were touching the skin of my waist. I flinched which made him hold me tighter. His hands slowly inched up to my sports bra. I was trying to push his arms away in the process, but all it seemed to do was make things worse.

The silver was slowly weakening me and limiting my ability to fight. I lost all control in my arms and had no choice but to hold on to him. My hands were clinging to the collar of his shirt. "Are you okay?" He whispered. "I don't know anymore." I replied. I ended up letting go and collapsing on the ground.

I sat up in a daze. I knew this was a dream I couldn't wake up from. I looked at myself. I was dressed, but my jersey was on the ground next to me. I looked up as he was about to walk back towards me. I saw a yellow glow. Wait, I put my hand up. It was my eyes turning yellow. I stood up and got to my senses. I grabbed my jersey and fixed my sports bra which was still on me.

I started to run, but I could only go so fast. He grabbed me from behind, his cold hands grasping my waist. "Kelli, wake up." He said. "What?" I said weakly. "Wake up." He said. "Wake up Kelli."

...reality...

I slowly faded out from the dream. And I woke up to my cousin, Meredith. "Kelli wake up." She said. I sat up with a start, almost bumping my head. "Are you okay?" She asked. "You were tossing and turning to much. Did you have another wolf dream again?" "Yea." I said. "I just don't wanna talk about it." "Okay." She said. "I'm gonna go back upstairs now." I just laid there trying not to go back to sleep. These hallucinations are gonna kill me if I'm not careful. I'm gonna stay on my guard and not let it down.