Chapter 24 - Reasons

Kelli's POV
___________

Collin kept a hold of my hand as we were still sprinting at my wolf speed. Mary was keeping up with us surprisingly. Occasionally she was on all fours, causing her to pick up speed.  Next thing I knew, I heard a rustle in the bushes. I was able to communicate with Collin once again as I opened up my mind to him.

'What was that?'

'Someone must be nearby. Be careful.'

Next thing I knew, I saw two pairs of red glowing eyes. I opened my mouth to speak.

"Now!!" He screamed out of nowhere.

I lept up onto his back as he picked up speed pretty quickly. I held tightly onto him with my arms and legs, trying not to fall off. I closed my eyes as I heard the sound of teleporting.

I opened my eyes and fell onto what felt like stone dust. It was stone dust. We were at another softball field. However, it wasn't just any softball field. It was pierce playground. We were definitely far away from them. I looked at my arms and saw them scuffed just enough to break the skin.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Collin walk up to me slowly. "Are you okay? Sorry about that. Was I going too fast?"

I shook my head as I got up. "Nah, it's fine. You had to go faster. Faster than my speed. What matters now is that were far from the school. I can smell them still, but it isn't that strong."

"Is that a good thing?"

I nodded. "Yea, dont worry."

Next thing I knew I got a text from Rachel.

...

Rachel: Kelli. Are you okay?

...

Kelli: I'm fine. Collin just teleported us to Pierce.

...

Rachel: good. I was getting worried there. They're looking for you.

...

Kelli: Were you the one who sent Mary looking for us?

...

Rachel: I had to see if you were ok without a vampire following you.

...

Kelli: Fair enough. What happened?

...

Rachel: they need your blood.

...

Kelli: for what?

...

Rachel: Kelli, they need to perform tests to find out why you are so immune to vampire venom.

...

Kelli: my clan...

...

Rachel: yea. They need to see if it's true. If you really are in the singing clan. They need to know if they had erased it or not.

...

Kelli: Thanks. Gotta go. When you can, the rest of you find Mary and teleport you all here to help me fight.

...

Rachel: on it.

...

I put my phone by the backstop and sat behind home plate.

I put my head in my hands. "I hate these guys."

Collin sat down next to me. "I don't blame you. Even though they're my classmates, they are a pain sometimes."