Chapter 21 - Dance

Collin's POV

_____________

Saturday, February 6. 6:30 pm.

 6:30 pm

...

It was the night of the winter ball and it was a full moon tonight. I was getting into my white button down dress shirt, black pants, and I put on a tie to top it off. I made sure my light brown hair wasn't all over the place and everything was perfect for tonight. I would bring a change of clothes to put in the locker room if I ever needed to change in a dire situation. Jeans, shirt, and sneakers. Finally, I finished my look with black dress shoes I wear with my school uniform. I topped it all off with a bit of cologne. There, I was ready for the dance. I had a lot of time to spare, so I decided to text Kelli.

...

Me: Hey Kelli. You excited.

...

Kelli: Oh hey. Yea, I guess.

...

Me: Are you okay?

...

Kelli: I'm fine. I just got off the phone with Brian.

...

Me: What happened?

...

Kelli: We had a huge fight over text.

...

Me: Did you get through?

...

Kelli: I guess you can say that.

...

Me: What do you mean?

...

Kelli: I broke up with him and told him not to take me to the dance.

...

Me: I'm sorry.

...

Kelli: Don't be. He almost killed me. And since he knows I'm a freaking werewolf, he hasn't been too good to me.

...

Me: Well at least that's over and done with.

...

Kelli: Yea. I just wanna focus on having fun.

...

Me: That's the spirit, Kelli. I wanna make sure you have fun and you get to dance with me, so that's a first.

...

Kelli: Haha, yea. Hey, gotta finish my makeup. Text me when you're on your way.

...

Me: Okay. See you at your place.

...

Kelli: Yea. See ya later.