Chapter 22 - Busted

Kelli's POV
_________

Next thing I knew, I felt a cold hand over my mouth. There was Brian with a necklace in his hand. It smelled like the wolf necklace that made me transform on the first smell. This time, he snapped his fingers and I felt a burning pain around my neck before he suddenly disappeared. It was the wolf necklace. The plated silver wolf necklace. I screamed in agony as I heard the music soften. Now everyone could hear me since I was the only one screaming in pain. The staff was trying to find their way towards me, but I saw other people blocking them. Not just any random folks. I saw Spencer and Brandon blocking the way, preventing the staff to get to me. I had the chance to sneak off to the bathroom while holding in the transformation. I couldn't speak mid-transformation, so I opened my mind to Kylie.

'Brighter.' I thought.

'On it, Kelli.' She replied. 'What else?'

'Call them. Cause a distraction.'

She nodded as she waved her hands and Brighter by Against the Current came on. However, it wasn't helping. People were running over to me, including Emma, Skyla, Rachel, and Erin. Where was everyone else? I looked around to see more people I barely knew walk our way. And others were still getting up after being blown back. Then, I saw Brian again. He snapped his fingers, which made the silver do its work. I felt my eyes glow yellow and my head was hurting. I fell to the ground as the transformation was starting. However, I managed to crawl into the girls locker room, out of sight of the guys trying to hunt me down. Inside, I crawled to my bag, containing my clothes from yesterday that I washed and packed. As I tried to reach inside, however, I saw it disappear from sight. I let out a scream.

"No!" I spat, trying to keep all of this in when I know it is too hard.

However, my dress was in my bag instead. I looked down at myself and I saw my jeans and magenta shirt on me. My boots were on my feet. I was confused. Who did this? I felt my neck before the necklace. There was no fur, but there was fur trying to poke out. I turned around to see Collin.

I couldnt speak, but I could open my mind to him.

'Why the hell are you in the girls locker room?'

"Just teleported inside." he said, speaking. "Meet me back in the gym. And keep hiding."

I nodded as I tried to take off the necklace. It burned my hand and as soon as I walked back out to the gym, I felt another burning pain in my neck and chest and I fell to my knees, but I didn't give in just yet. My head hurt as I felt fur mangled in my hair on the top of my head. My jaw was killing me, while I was resisting the urge to give up. Then I looked to my left and I saw Brian smiling at me. I shot a glare at him, being the wise guy.

I tried getting up, but it just made things worse. He just chuckled as his hand was glowing red. Then he clenched his fist and a shooting pain went through my chest and up my head and down my spine. I let out a shrill scream and finally let the transformation take over. I was on the ground trying to fight the pain as my wolf ears grew on top of my head. Fur replaced my human ears. My eyes turned to a bright yellow with black veins. Then, my top and bottom canines grew in. The last thing that happened were my claws, that grew, replacing my painted nails. Finally, I fell to the ground, screaming, where the whole student body was looking at me. I was laying on the gym floor because I was still in so much pain. It was supposed to go away. I looked helplessly at Rachel who was trying to tell me to get up. I pointed to the two necklaces as soon as she looked at me.

'Just do it.' I thought, tears in my eyes.

"Huh, why? It's a bit risky." Rachel said aloud.

I couldn't take it anymore. "Just freaking do it Rachel!"