Chapter 13 - more business

Kelli's POV
__________

We arrived home from Maine at 6:00. Basically, I woke up after the car parked. My dog was licking my face. 'Kelli, wake up. We're home. Please wake up. I wanna play.'

I groaned. "Not now." I said. "I need to rest. Ask dad or something. I'm so tired."

I drained most of my energy running that 5k, almost blacking out, and almost killing a guy. Honestly, I wouldn't have cared because I hate his guts. And he wants me killed so he had it coming to him. My little cousin is pretty strong, not to lie. She threw him across the field. I can't believe she is that strong. Wait... Argh. God damnit, Kelli. You're getting off topic.

The first thing I heard when I walked to my room was a loud thump. My head shot in the general direction. It was Rachel appearing from the cloud of blue smoke. She ran over to me and hugged me. "You had me so worried there!" She fussed. "I was afraid you were in danger. It took me a while to realize that you were asleep. So how are you and Brian?"

I shrugged. "I smell something suspicious. I just don't know what's going on with him. He acts weird around me, but he seemed to manage to ask me to Homecoming and apparently we are dating. I don't know if I like the decision though." I swear he has been acting weird since I transferred. Since the first day of school. I continued to explain the situation and I tried to explain my dream as subtle as possible, but she seemed to get the point.

"What!?!" She screamed. "That's going a bit too far on his part. Let's just hope it doesn't happen in reality, because that sounds messed up as all hell."

"I know." I said. "But what if he finds out and wants to kill me?"

"Kelli. You know that vampire venom doesn't even work on your clan, right? There's nothing to worry about. Singing and harvest are immune."

"I know, but what if I lose my ability? It can happen."

"To other clans, Kelli. I have read a documentary about your clan and read journal entries about them. They are immune."

"My dad told me that they lose their wolf form if they have any. And they keep their hybrid form and are forever immune."

"Then you have nothing to worry about, Kelli. You'll be fine."

"Okay. Now can you tell me if you found something I can fuse with the tuning fork?"

She shook her head. "No, not yet."

"Will we have time before Annabelle regains consciousness? Because if we don't act by the end of the school year, I'm screwed and I won't be able to gain back my control of my transformation. What do I do? My ears are starting to hear higher pitches and I'm starting to tolerate 20,000 hertz without transforming. But those higher frequencies are gonna hurt like hell."

Just then, I saw a white wolf run up the driveway. It was Elizabeth. I watched her morph back into her human form. She didn't give me a friendly hello. She just stormed towards me. "Why didn't you text me this weekend?" She demanded.

"Nice to see you too." I said.

"Don't be like that to me. All you do is text Brian. You aren't paying attention to me anymore."

"I said I have no service in Maine. You know this. Why are you all of a sudden with an attitude?"

"I wanted to tell you that I found a mate and you wouldn't listen to me."

"My phone is literally crap. I had no fucking service. What's your problem?"

"Stop hanging out with Brian." She demanded.

"I was almost knocked out for crying out loud. And you don't ask if I'm okay. Do you even care?"

"I invited you to the football game last Friday."

"I was in the fucking car to Maine!"

"You still could've texted me. Instead you text your boyfriend."

"My phone literally sucks. I had no service half the time."

"Stop lying to me, Kelli."

"Says the one who ditches me my whole eighth grade year, when I was most miserable. You didn't ask once how I was. I tried texting you and you just never replied. If you did, you'd have an excuse that you're doing chores. Where do you go? With your friends. If you're tired of me, then just say it."

"Yea, Kelli. Your anxiety is tiresome. I can't take any more of it. Especially when you whine about you and your wolf problems."

That brought tears to my eyes. Soon, those tears turned to anger. "I thought you would be there for me!" I screamed.

"Well, that ain't happening no more." She said. "I have had it. I won't take a friend who whines all the time."

"Then go." I said. "If you don't wanna be my friend, then get off my property. I don't want to see your face again."

That set her off. She transformed into her hybrid form as I did mine. "Get out of my sight." I growled. She ran at me instead.

She went to claw my chest, but instead, she caught my necklace. Then looking up at me with a smirk, she ripped it from my neck and took off.

I morphed back into my human form with a look of realization on my face. What was I gonna do without it?