Chapter 16 - Necklace

Rachel's POV
_____________

Kelli hung up before I left for school. Basically I was waiting for the bus to the Middle School. I brushed my teeth and walked out the door just in time to see the bus arrive at my stop. I got on, thinking about my sister and why is she doing this? I just don't get it.

I didn't really talk to anyone. I just couldn't think right now. All this was going on and family is the most important thing that is breaking apart. Something must be done. I mean, this is starting to get out of hand.

The bus arrived and I got off, completely ignoring everyone else. Once I walked in, I noticed posters with writings in blue, purple, and turquoise marker. It read, "Winter Ball. Middleboro High School. February 6th, 2016. Get your tickets now during lunch. $20 per student." Perfect. Now I could get one without a permission slip from Kelli.

...time skip...

Class ended and I ran down to lunch as quick as possible. Immediately, I bought a ticket from the students sitting at the booth. They looked at me weird since I was the first one to get a ticket that day. I just ignored it and went back to my seat.

My friend, Erica started talking. "Rachel, where's your lunch?"

"Huh?"

"Your lunch. You usually bring it."

"Oh shit. I forgot. Let me make one now." I waved my hand and a turkey sandwich with lettuce tomato and mustard on a bulky roll appeared. A few snacks appeared as well.

"Impressive."

"I barely do it cause I usually have a lunch with me"

"Sweet."

I finished lunch and soon, the bell rang for the last classes of the day.

...

Kelli's POV
__________

Before the bell rang to go back to class, I purchased a permission slip from the students at the table. "Aren't you already going with Brian?" The girl asked.

"This is for a friend outside of school." I said.

"Okay. Just make sure that their parent signs the slip." She explains.

I nod and walk back to the stairs to class. Third quarter of algebra 1. Ugh. I just wanna get this class over with. Kylie catches up with me. "Hey. Wanna take the long way?" She asked.

"Sure." I said. My eyes flash yellow and I hold onto my crescent moon necklace from last year. "Stupid eyes." I murmur.

"Just try to control it this weekend. You will be fine."

"I can't..."

"Huh?"

"I said, I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

I almost broke down into tears. "I can't control it... no matter how hard I try."

"You gotta try, Kelli." She replied. "If you hold it in, it will only get worse."

"I do try..." I said. "But it's so stressful when I have at least four vampires after me. A fellow wolf left me, I have no mate, and my tuning fork necklace is gone."

"Necklace?" I heard someone say. It was Brian. I cleared my mind to stop my eyes from changing color. "I have one for you."

He snapped his fingers and one appeared in his hand. It had a wolf pendant. It had my vision of the wolf. It was a silhouette of a wolf sitting down and howling in a blue ombré background. It was... silver. Fuck me. "Thank you." I spat. "How did you know? I love wolves."