First Offence

I barely had any sleep last night. I was too excited to start my highschool life that I couldn't stop thinking about it!

I looked at my alarm clock which was pretty useless because I woke up by myself. I set its alarm to 6:00 am but I woke up an hour before that.

I ran to the bathroom to take a bath. I'm too stupid, I'm not even late but I'm still in a hurry. "Ai, this excitement will soon fade after 3 days. Enjoy it." I laughed at myself remembering the past. Just like today, I would be really excited on the first day then grow tired of school after 3 days.

Hello by the way. I am Ayukawa Ai, today I will start my high school at Rakuzan High School in Kyoto. I've always dreamed of  going to high school. My mom told me it would be the most unforgettable time of my life and I couldn't wait to start.

____________________________

I went downstairs to see my mom cooking in the kitchen and the breakfast was already ready on the table. I sat across dad who was reading a newspaper. "You're early as always in the first day as I can see, Ai." my dad said, smiling at me. "You bet dad, I'm sure I'm gonna nail this one too. Aiming for the top my own way." I dad smiled once again and glanced at mom who looked pretty concerned. My own way always means doing something reckless for them but for me recklessness means fun. You'll know what I mean later on.

I ate my egg sandwich and drank my juice just when mom and dad walked to me with a box. "Is this for me?!" I just realized that my voice was pretty loud when I said that. "Oh, no. It's mine" I just laughed at dad. He's always like this. "Open it dear" my mom said, who's also pretty excited.

"Wow! It's the school shoes I wanted to buy since last year! You really got it for me?" I feel like tearing up. I'm so lucky to have parents like them. My dad owns a company so you can say we're rich but we chose to live here in Kyoto as a normal family. My mom used to work for dad but she quit and became a teacher in Rakuzan. My parents never had financial problems and they raised me as a child who always knew that I cannot have what I want everytime.

I just remembered my younger brother. "Keita's still sleeping?" I asked them while I put on my shoes. "He went out to run a bit. He'll be back soon." my mom said, pouring dad a cup of coffee.

I looked at my watch and I was shocked to see the time. "Thanks mom! dad!" I kissed them both and ran out with my new shoes. "Hey, I was planning on driving you!" I hear my dad shout behind me. "No, I can go on my own! Drive Keita instead!" I shouted back and ran real fast.

A/N: Okay, so while Ai is still running to school, let me ask you guys what you think so far?  What brought you to read my story? I would really appreciate comments :)

Actually, at first sight I fell for Akashi. I know, you guys may be saying "You actually fell for an anime?!" Well, you wouldn't read this if you didn't like Akashi too. Yes?

O_O I am getting too talkative, am I not? Let's go back to the story, shall we? 

I reached the school just when the opening ceremony was about to start. 

The ceremony was held inside the gym and the student were already inside. 'Really good Ai, you woke up early but still ended up late. Way to go!' my thoughts were killing me. 'Nah. =_______= Forget this ceremony. I'm just gonna go to the classroom and wait.' So there I am, ditching the ceremony. I don't know but I always end up breaking the rules. Look at me, I already broke a rule on the first day of school!

"First year, class A. Hmmm" I muttered to myself, searching for my classroom reading my schedule. "Hmmm~ What's a kohai (first year) doing here?" I looked up and saw a senpai in front of me. He had black and quite long hair, and his height was like twice mine. "Um... What about you, senpai? Even 2nd years are to attend the ceremony, right?" I asked.

"Hehe~ I was on my way but it already started so I decided to stay in the classroom." he answered and beamed at me. He's quite friendly but I have this feeling like he's gay. But it's bad to be judgmental so I stopped my thoughts before I say it out loud. He peeked on my schedule which wasn't difficult for him because of his height. "An 'A' student, huh. I never heard about an honor student who tries to ditch opening ceremony." the senpai crossed his arms, pressuring me with his words. So I guess people in class A are supposed to be smart according  to him.

"Which floor is the first-years?" I asked instead of answering him. I never really like the thought of being pressured by questions. I might end up beating him into a pulp. 

"Oh, you're in the right floor. Your classroom's that way." He pointed a room with his right hand and his left was above my head. =___='' Is he mocking my height? I let it slip and removed his hand above me. Just when I was about to walk away, I heard him say.

"Better fix that rule-breaking attitude of yours or you'll experience hell in your class."

Are teachers here really that bad? And again, thoughts about what he said kept swimming around in my head. I just came to my senses when I heard the school bell ring, indicating the start of classes and the end of the ceremony. I quickly went inside the empty classroom, checked the seat plan and went to my seat in the middle of the classroom.

'Highschool, be kind to me' I prayed to myself.