New Style of Swimming Called Drowning

Woooooo!!! Today's the last day of training! And to our surprise, mom spared our lives.

FLASHBACK

"You guys have done well in training!" mom said, wearing that sweet smile of hers. Hard to believe there's a sparta behind that smile. "So as a reward, knowing tomorrow will be our last day, we'll take the time as a time to relax! No practice"

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!" all of us shouted in sync except for Akashi.

END OF FLASHBACK

Maybe it was just my imagination. I really thought his eyes looked the same. Maybe it was because of the light.

Anyway, the guys decided to play at the beach later. Maybe I should cook something.

"What are you doing Ai-chan?" Reo-nee walked up to me. "I'm cooking something for us to eat later when we visit the beach." I replied happily. "Let me help" he said and washed his hands.

"By the way, I saw you and Sei-chan last night" his words were like echoing in your mind but it made you blush as you remember what you did last night. "Um. It's not like what you think" I tried to explain.

"Oh, I know" he said, now helping me peel the potatoes. "I feel really sorry for him. He grew from a rich family. They were happy but it all changed when his mom died when he was 10. His dad became cold to him and wanted him to be number one in everything. I think he believed that when he becomes top at everything, his father would love him."

I never knew his story. It sounded so sad. He needed love. He stood up on his own. I really respect him for that. I imagined Akashi as a young boy, innocent and happy. How did he become like this?

____________________________

Hayama-senpai, Nebuya-senpai, Reo-nee and Chihiro-senpai were playing beach volleyball. "Hey Reo-nee!" Hayama-senpai blocked the ball and called. "What is it Kotaro-chan?" Reo-nee replied as he spiked. "You see Ayukawa?" Hayama-senpai asked in between pants.

"Oh Ai-chan? She was changing to her swimsuit and got the food ready." Reo-nee replied and all of them lay on the beach.

"I got the food!" I shouted as I made my way to the group. They looked at me funny. I raised a brow at them "Hey! I did my best making them with Reo-nee!"

"Oh!/Hahahaha/Food!" was their only reply. "You look cute in your swimsuit Ai-chan~" Reo-nee complimented. "R-really?" Now I'm embarrassed. "Where's the food~" I heard my mom from behind, then her eyes went wind and she ran to me for a hug.

"Oh no you won't feast upon my daughter's body!" hahahahaha! I think my teammates are not the type to do that. I broke from my mom's hug and saw the redhead join the group. He looked troubled and his eyes had some dark spots around it like he didn't sleep at all last night. I just noticed the guys were all half-naked with their toned muscles totally exposed.

Realizing it just now, I felt my cheeks warming up and ended up hiding behind mom. My mom just smiled and called everyone around "Everyone! How about we play some games" she suggested. Knowing me, I really loved games and challenges.

_________________

First in line, we had beach volleyball. We were grouped into 3s. By lottery, I was teamed up with Hayama-senpai and Nebuya-senpai. While on the other team, they had Akashi, Reo-nee and Chihiro-senpai.

Nebuya-served the ball and Reo-nee stopped it from falling passed it to Chihiro-senpai and let Akashi spike it to us. Knowing what they would do, I ran up behind and successfully blocked it. I passed it to Hayama-senpai who played with it for a bit letting it go the other team.

"Hey Akashi! Stop thinking about other things! I'm still treating you as a rival and I don't want to defeat you in that state!" I shouted at the redhead. I saw his expression change into a smirk. 'Good' I thought to myself but that brought my team to defeat.

"As a punishment, the losing team cooks dinner tonight!" mom announced. Well it has always been me though. But what made me nervous was Nebuya-senpai. I was pretty sure that the food would not make it till dinner. You know what I mean?

We took a break and ate the food Reo-nee and I made. Hearing the compliments about the food made me really happy. For the first time, I was happy that I lost to Akashi at shogi. If it wasn't for that, I would have second thoughts about joining the club.

I was really planning on joining but the event from middle school held me back.

*ring* *ring*

"Hello?" I answered my phone and excused myself from the others. "Ma'am! Our model for the brand couldn't make it. We couldn't get another one without you. What do we do ma'am?" Nanami Mayu, assistant/ secretary called. I know just the right person. "No problem. I'll call one. Do you need him now?" I asked. "Yes ma'am. The photographer and his team are already packing up to lea-" I cut her off. "Okay, tell them to set it back up. Bye." I hang up the call.

Kise Ryota, my childhood friend and a schoolmate in middle school. He's a model and he had helped me out many times before.

*ring* *ring*

"Hello?" a cheery voice answered on the other line. "Hello? Ryota?" I replied. "WAAAAH~ Aicchi!" he greeted as cheerful as always. "Um. Ryota? The company needs a model. The one we called couldn't come, can you replace him?" I hope he accepts. I really can't thank him enough and now I'm asking him another favor. "No problem! I'll be there right away if it is for Aicchi~" he replied. "Really? Thank you very much Ryota!"

After a few more 'thank you's I ended the call. I went back to the others to see the food vanishing. I was out for I think just 5 minutes! "Hey! I haven't eaten anything!" they all just laughed at me. "It's your fault for being busy with your company even at a time like this." Just what I needed. Another comment from the redhead. But honestly, I'm quite relieved to see him back to normal.

"You guys ready for the last game?" mom asks everybody. "We'll have a swimming race!" Good! I know I'll win this. I'm pretty good in swimming.

"On your marks..... get set....GOOOOO!" my mom shouted and the 6 of us ran to the water and started swimming. The goal was to that floating boat and back to mom. I swam my fastest stroke and reached the boat only to see Akashi already going back to the shore.

Nonononono. I need to catch up. I propelled myself forward by kicking the boat which was a big mistake. I can no longer move my right foot. All of a sudden my body felt heavy and the air escaping my body. I struggled to keep my head above the water but only to let more water inside my mouth.

I made me panic and made my situation worse. "H-Help!" I tried shouting for help. "Ai-chan's drowning!" I heard Reo-nee shouting.

Then I feel a pair of hands hauling me up making me breath. I coughed up the saltwater left in my throat. "You're safe" I heard him say. I wrapped my arms around his neck still shocked about what happened and he did the same to my waist. "T-thank... you... Chihiro-senpai" I said in between breaths.

Chihiro-senpai helped me bring me back to the shore and my mom ran to me for a hug, worried. "Ai! Your recklessness would kill me early, you know!" she scolded me and thanked Chihiro-senpai. "Geez, mom! I'm alright!" I said but I know she knew I'm still shocked. I'm still trembling after all. "We're glad you're safe, Ai-chan!" Reo-nee who just got to the shore said. Followed by Hayama-senpai and Nebuya-senpai. "You should have been careful" Akashi added. "He's right Ayukawa! you could have died!" Hayama-senpai added.

I lowered by head, staring at the sand. I never knew they would be this worried about me. Even my mom. "I'm sorry everyone for making you worry. I won't do it again" I looked up to them only to see them smiling at me, pulling me to a group hug.