Emperor Akashit

It has always been a tradition that every first day of class, we introduce ourselves. I was seated at the middle of the classroom so it would take a while.

"So before you guys introduce yourself, I would introduce myself first" our female homeroom teacher smiled and most of the boys just stared blankly at her ummm... chest? She just looks familiar. "I am your homeroom teacher for the year. I am Ayukawa Suzuka. Let's get along, okay?"

Hmmm. Ayukawa Suzuka. Nice name. Wait. AYUKAWA SUZUKA?! I looked at the teacher with wide eyes catching her looking at me too and when our eyes met, she winked and gestured me to shut up. MOM IS TEACHING HERE?!

I never noticed the others introducing themselves until I felt a pair of eyes watching me. A chill ran down my spine and immediately searched for those pair of eyes.

I looked at my mom, she was not looking. Then who can it be? I looked at the person behind me. He had this fiery red hair and heterochromatic eyes that took my attention. It seem he was the owner of the eyes I've been looking for. "What are you looking at?" I asked.

He just smirked and said "Guess you need to hide you relationship with the homeroom teacher." and stood up to introduce himself. I was there, still in a daze. How the hell did he know that?

"Akashi Seijuro." that was all he said with his introduction and sat down. I heard a few murmurs from the girls though. "Hey, how did you kno-" I was about to ask him when he cut me off. "It's your turn." He said. Which I just realized and stood up clumsily. "Ern. Um. I am Ayukawa Ai. Nice to meet you." I gave them the best smile I could give to make up for my clumsy start. I noticed the redhead raise his hand.

"Yes, Akashi-kun?" mo- I mean Ayukawa-sensei noticed. The redhead stood up and somehow I knew what he's going to ask. I caught him glancing at me and smirked. "Somebody is outside. It seems he needs to talk to you." For he first time ever, I never felt so relieved in my life. He had the chance to ask, yet he didn't. I really thought he would ask about it.

I looked outside to see dad bringing my mom's bento. Awwww, I guess I worried too much for the two of them.

________________________________

Today is the worst day ever. =_________= I just ranked 2nd in the entrance exam and that stupid Akashit was the 1st. What made it worse was he was ahead of me for just one point! It was so close! Of all people!! Why the hell does it have to be him. He better pay for making me nervous this morning and for defeating me.

Anyway, I am here inside the classroom eating my bento. I felt left out. I looked around and everyone already knew each other. They already had somewhere they belong. I was the only one alone in this huge classroom.

I looked behind me and the stupid redhead was playing shogi. I also felt sorry for him. I mean, who wouldn't feel sorry for someone who plays shogi ALONE? He's already lost his mind. Poor guy.

He looked up to me and smirked. I dunno but that smirk pisses me off. "If it pisses you off too much, play with me then." he said. Did he just read my mind? Nah. Haha That's impossible. "What's my prize if I win?" I said, trying to sound like I was looking down on him. Just for the sake of annoying him. He let out  small laugh "I never lose. I only know victory. But if you win, I'll do anything you say, once"

"Hmm. No, for a whole day." I was hoping to see him panic but he remained calm. Really?! Why are you so hard to make fun of?! "Fine. But if I win, you will join the basketball club." he said.

So the game started. I made a move and almost immediately he took his move. The game took almost the whole lunch break. The results? I lose, AGAIN.

The school bell rang and the afternoon classes started.

____________________________

YESSS! Classes are done. I celebrated by burying my head on the desk with my black hair being as messy as ever. "Ayukawa." someone standing beside me called. "Urg." was all I could say. I'm too exhausted to even say anything. "Let's go." was what he said and I was already dragged outside.

I turned to see who it was and realized something. "The deal" I muttered and shook my hand off his grip and followed him to the gym.

On the way to the gym, Akashi was silent so I ended up looking around. Hey, I'm new here so I still haven't memorized the place. What if I needed an emergency escape? At least I know where I'm going. I feel like hitting myself. This is the school, duh. Under what circumstances would I need an emergency escape?

I came back to reality when I saw the huge door of the gym. Akashi opened it revealing the noisy club members. "AKASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!" Urg. My eardrums are gonna explode. "Shut it, Hayama!" a member scolded.

*Buuuuuuuuuurp* "Ahhh. That hit the spot." w-was that a burp? I saw a rather tanned guy with huge muscles and about 2 feet taller than me.

"We have a new member." Akashi told them with the same stern face. "Um. I am Ayukawa Ai, nice to meet you guys."

"Ai-chaaaaan~" I turned to look and saw the senpai who helped me find my classroom this morning. "Haha. Senpai! You're in the basketball club?"

"Wait, you know each other." an orange colored guy  who's rather energetic reacted. "We met this morn--" I covered the senpai's mouth "Well, I bumped into him this morning. Ehehe" Did I sound obvious?

"Oh, okay!" the orange-haired senpai seemed to buy my excuse. "I am Hayama Kotaro, nice to meet you Ayukawa!"

"I am Michuchi Reo! Call me Reo-nee, okay? Everybody in the club calls me that."

"Nebuya Eikichi." the muscle man introduced adding a small burp. I could help but giggle.

"Hey, who's that person in the benches?" I asked and they looked at me like I'm a ghost or something. I shrugged "What?" I asked, now feeling nervous. Hey, who wouldn't feel nervous with these people looking at you like you just saw a ghost or something.

"YOU ACTUALLY SEE HIM?!" Hayama said with both his hands on my shoulders, shaking me like crazy. Don't tell me I'm not supposed to see him? I nodded and everyone just stared at me amazingly.

"Impressive, that is Mayuzumi Chihiro, the only 3rd year here. Nobody except me really feels the presence of the guy until he speaks up. Don't worry, he's human." Is he a psychic or something? How come he knows what I'm thinking. Anyway, now that he said it. He didn't give of any aura. Something that helps you judge a person, that person does not have any. I mean he does have but it is too faint that he's too hard to read. "Mayuzumi, come here." Akashi told him, commanded rather.

"Hey Akashi, you're still 1st year yet you treat a senpai like that. Have some respect would you?" I spoke up and he just glared at me. For some reason, it filled me anger but made me shut up.

"Domo. I am Mayuzumi Chihiro, 3rd year." he smiled at me but I knew that was empty. "Hello, I am Ayukawa Ai. I hope we'd get along, senpai." His eyes widened but turned back to normal. Weird. He nodded and went back to where he once was.

"She's the manager?" Nebuya-senpai asked Akashi.

"Yes and one more thing." He said. I didn't think that one thing would be good to me. He had this evil smile on his face.

'REALLY!! HIGHSCHOOL!! PLEASE BE KIND TO ME!!'

______________________

A/N: Hey guys! I want to apologize if you somehow found some typos or grammar errors in my story. Everyone makes mistakes.