The Day My Hardwork Pays Off

"*Yawn* x=2" I answered the teacher sleepily. "Impressive, Ayukawa-san. But next time, show more interest in the lesson"

"No sleep?" Ryu whispered who was sitting behind me. "Yeah" I answered sleepily while I rested my chin on my palm.

So peaceful. I could hear the rustling of the leaves outside. Perfect weather to sleep.

O_O---> o_o---> -_- ---> --___--zZ

_________________

I woke up just as the school bell rang. I figured it was already lunch break.

"Hahahahaha!! You slept all morning!" Ryu cracked behind me and Hinami giggled "You should also rest at night, Ai-chan"

"I had work but at least I did have rest now!" I replied cheerfully this time. "Oho! You didn't even notice that the teacher has been trying to wake you up!" Ryu shouted and the whole class just laughed. "Hey! You didn't have to announce it!"

________________

"Yo~" I greeted happily as soon as I entered the gym. "You're cheerful today" said Nebuya-senpai.

"Hehe~ I've recharged after sleeping the whole morning!" I said and tossed my bag at a corner.

I sat on the benches and studied everyone's play. Then I felt someone sit beside me. "Tomorrow's the day" Sei said and I just nodded.

"Hey, you think this is gonna work?" I asked the redhead and he just smirked. "Who knows"

"Liar. You're absolute. There's no way you wouldn't know" I replied.

"You should play with them" Sei suggested. I looked at everyone and it looks like they're having fun. "Hey! Lemme play!"

_______________

Oh my, oh my, oh my. #_# Today is the day. This would be the first time the company would hold a fashion show and it would be led BY ME!!

"Ayukawa-san, we're looking forward to your show tonight" a student greeted me. She wasn't the only one who did though. There were a lot more people who greeted me as I walked to the classroom.

"Ai-chan~" Reo-nee called during our morning practice "We heard about your show" Hayama-senpai added "I also heard there'll be a lot of food. Can we come too?" Nebuya-senpai said.

"Haha! I was just about to invite you guys! I would be glad if you go" I ran along behind them. We are currently running around the school according to Sei's orders.

"Well, good luck" Sei spoke up beside me. I smiled at him, feeling all the nervousness fade.

I am really thankful that I get to meet Sei. He's been dealing with my selfishness and I can't help but feel so useless in our relationship.

"Sei, if you have some things you are concerned about, I want you to tell me" I spoke softly.

_________________

"Where are the models?" I asked hastily at the dressing room. "Miss, one of our model got into an accident on the way here" my assistant said and that was enough to make me panic.

"What?! Why now of all times?!" I shouted but then a pair of strong hands held me in place "How about you replace her?" It was my dear childhood friend, Ryota

"I was planning to. We don't have time to call someone over" I said. "Then, here" my assistand handed me a very heavy mountain of purple cloth "wear this" she added and I quickly went behind the curtain to change.

"Which dress did you give her?" My assistant asked Ryota. "Hehe. The main one"

"Oh my, I really thought that dress would suit her!" My assistant squealed while Ryota just giggled.

____________________

"Good evening everyone! Thank you for coming. This would be the first time the A.I Group would hold an event like this and also to celebrate the expansion of our group that is now handling fashion too" dad announced and the people in the crowd clapped their hands.

"Where is Ai-chan?" asked Hinami to the senpais. "Probably at the dressing room" Reo-nee replied. "Life sure isn't holding back on her, huh?" Hayama-senpai added

"So, here are our first collection!" Dad said and the model proceeded at the stage.

"When do I go? Do I have to go alone?" I asked my assistant. "That dress is the image of the collection, Miss Ai. You will have to go alone"

No way. This would be my first time but they still give me the signature dress? This makes me nervous even more! What if I stumble or step on the hems of it and other accidents that may happen. What if everything fails because of me? O___O

"Calm down, Ai-cchi! Fighto fighto!" Ryota said and proceeded to the stage. "You're next, Miss Ai"

"And here's our signature dress" dad announced. I bet everyone would be surprised.

I stepped up to the stage and everyone's eyes were glued to me. Urg I just hate the attention. I tried distracting myself by finding Sei in the crowd and just when I found him, our eyes met and he just waved at me.

"Well, if it isn't Miss Ayukawa Ai!" Dad commented. "Hey, dad!" I glared at him. I wore a long purple tube gown. The skirt was heavy and the it was difficult to breathe. I walk through the aisle and the crown was unusually silent. Just great Ai, you should have asked Hinami to do it. You ruined it!

Just when I reached the center of the stage, the models gathered beside me with Ryota in my right. He leaned to me and whispered "hold on" before I could react, he pulled the heavy skirt off me and the gown became a cocktail dress.

The skirt was like a combination of pink and purple. It looked beautiful. I didn't even notice it when I was putting it on.

The crowd applauded and it felt like a huge success to me. I looked at Sei who gave me a reassuring nod. I also caught Hinami and Reo-nee crying. The others were just staring at me, jaw dropped.

Then all of us stepped out of the stage and back to the dressing room. "Hey, did I do it right?" I asked. I wasn't sure if I did it right. The crowd was too quiet when I stepped in.

"Waaaaaah! Aicchi! You're a natural! I even worried if you would stumble or completely fall off the stage but you acted like a real pro in modeling!" Ryota said. If he said so, then maybe I did a great job! I didn't mess up!

I grabbed my original dress from the closets to get changed but dad stopped me "Seriously, you look stunning in that. Go and show it off to your boyfriend"

>\\\\< just imagining myself approach Sei in this.

"Too much skin" I remembered what he said so I grabbed a pink fur coat instead to cover up my top.

"Why the heck were you there?" Ryu scolded "geez, she looks beautiful, right?" Hinami said. "I complete fell in love with you" Hayama-senpai added and received a smack from Sei. The moment our eyes met, I knew that my face was as red as his hair already.

"Dad wants to meet you" he said and I followed him to his father. At the table where all powerful beings in Japan gathered is where Sei's dad sat.

"Good Evening, Akashi-san. I'm glad you came" I greeted. Then I felt Sei's arm wrap around waist. "Hey, what are you-" I whispered but Sei's dad cut me off. "I think you deserve to know that I paid one of your models not to come. I wanted to see how you would make a decision" Akashi-san spoke.

'Please please please' I prayed internally. "Everyone, this is my son Seijuro" Akashi-san introduced Sei to the people in the table. "And his fiance" he added. Did I just hear him right?

I looked at Sei who looked really happy too. "You did a good job! So you are joining the Akashis soon, huh?" One of the men praised. I thanked him and turned to Akashi-san.

"Thank you, Akashi-san" I told the man who just smiled at me. He looked really like Sei when he smiled. Sei really is his son. "Call me Dad from now on"

I nodded "If you would excuse us" Sei said and he pulled me back to where the others were. His timing was great. I already feel like crying.

I buried my face in my arms as soon as we reached our table and started crying. "Hey, hey!" Hayama-senpai and Ryu shouted in sync. "What did you do, Sei-chan?" Reo-nee askes the redhead who just smiled happily as he rested his chin on his palm.