My Last Ice Cream

A few months had passed since I transferred here in Kaijo. It took almost a week for the rumors to die out and I've been hanging out with Ryota since then.

"Ai-cchi~ You'll watch us play, right?" Ryota asked me on our way to the gym. "Yeah. I would definately go and cheer for Kasamatsu-senpai" I said. "Awww! Ai-cchi is mean-ssu" Ryota cried. "And of course, I want to see my Ryota win" I added and Ryota's face lit up.

"Waaaah~ Thank you Ai-cchi!" He said, hugging me from behind "Geez, let me go baka" I said and he obeyed. We walked to the gym during lunch break and the others were practicing like crazy. Maybe I can do something to help.

"Senpai, how about you guys play with me a bit" I suggested. Only Ryota knows about my secret, about being the captain of Teiko's women's basketball, and playing for Rakuzan as a guy. The members exchanged looks. "Yay! Come on senpai~ Trust me, we'll learn a lot of things from her-ssu~" Ryota backed me up and dragged the other members and threw me the ball.

"Ryota, you have to the quarter finals for me, kay?" I said, calmly dribbling the ball. "I won't disappoint you Ai-cchi~" Ryota replied. "Okay, here goes" I said and passed through Kasamatsu-senpai who was marking me. "What the-" he reacted to steal the ball but too late, he was already falling.

Ryota ran to block my 3-pointer, "Oho, nice" I complimented but I still made the shot. "Who are you?" Kasamatsu-senpai asked. I giggled "I'm Ayukawa Ai, former captain of Teiko's women's basketball club" I admitted and the others were staring at me like I'm a ghost.

"Also the player who defeated Touou in the Interhigh-ssu" Ryota added. "You're that #3 guy?!" one of the members exclaimed. "Yeah. Anyway, get on your feet you maggots, I'm gonna train you a bit"

________________

"Ai-cchi, you're a Sparta-ssu" Ryota said in between pants. "I get that a lot" I replied and looked at the others who looked like they're about to die. "You guys should rest. You still have your quarter finals tonight" I said and the others just looked at me with confident smiles. "Yeah, we do need some rest" Kasamatsu-senpai said and looked at the others "So, how about we ditch classes?" Kasamatsu-senpai suggested.

"WOOOOOOOOH!" we all said in sync. "Ryota's gonna treat us for ice-cream!" I said and the others cheered with me. "Eeh? It's winter yet you want to eat ice cream?" Ryota protested. "I wanna eat ice cream-ssu! This is the last time I will ask you to treat me for ice cream, Ryota. Pleeeeease" I pleaded and the blonde guy couldn't say no.

So we went outside, and bought ice creams. "Yay! I won!" just as I finished my ice cream, there's something written on the Popsicle 'free ice cream' it said. "Well, go get your ice cream" Kasamatsu-senpai laughed seeing how much I liked ice cream. "Ohoho~ You guys wait here, I'm gonna go get my ice cream" I said happily, going inside the convenience store once again. "Hey Kise, can I ask her out?" Moriyama-senpai asked Ryota. "You can't-ssu!" Ryota forbid. "And why?" Kasamatsu-senpai asked teasingly. "She still loves Akashi-cchi -ssu" Ryota answered sadly. "I'm back~" I said then I felt the gloomy atmosphere. "You guys okay?" I asked. "Oh Ai-cchi! You got your ice cream?" Ryota asked, smiling at me. I nodded and turned to the others "You guys should rest. You will need all the strength for tonight" I told them and we went separate ways with Ryota taking me home.

"You promise you'll watch me later, Ai-cchi" Ryota said. "Yeah. I promise. You're luck your match is today. I won't be able to watch tomorrow. Something... came up" I told Ryota who just smiled at me. "Then, see you tonight" he said and left.

______________

The match would be this 5:00. I might meet him there. No, I definitely would meet him there.

I started to get ready around 4. I wore a tight jeans and a t-shirt. I covered it up with a thick jacket 'It would be freezing outside' I thought and wore my boots. I quickly ran downstairs to see the team. By that, I meant my team in Rakuzan.

Reo-nee smiled at me and so did the others. "Now that we came to Tokyo, we came to visit" Chihiro-senpai said. "Hello Ayukawa!" Hayama-senpai greeted.

"Minna! I missed you guys!" I ran to them for a group hug. I noticed the redhead missing. 'He never came' I thought. But why would he even come here. "Let's go watch the game!" Nebuya-senpai offered. "I was planning to from the start!" I said and we happily went to the stadium.

The others went inside but I let Reo-nee stay to talk. I gave him the black jacket Akashi made me wear on our trip to the amusement park. "That is Akashi's. Reo-nee, please give it back to him after your match tomorrow. I really want to return it to him, I feel like as long as it is with me, I won't be able to get over him" Reo-nee nodded and took the jacket. "I'm really sorry, Ai-chan. You had to leave. But she can't replace you in our hearts. You're our only manager." he said and he pulled me in for a hug.

"Ai-chan!/Ai!" I heard familiar voices behind me. "Hinami! Ryu!" I ran to them and Reo-nee went inside the stadium. "I missed you!" I told them and Hinami pulled us for a hug. Geez, is today the national free hugs day? "We couldn't wait to see you!" Ryu said. "I thought you guys hate me for leaving so suddenly" I said. "No, I found the notebook, Ai-chan! You left because of us. We're so sorry" Hinami-chan started crying. "Hey, calm down. I'm now fine, Hinami. Anyway, we'll get sick out here, let's go inside" I said and so we went inside. The match was already starting.

We started looking for a seat when I saw the whole Rakuzan team with the redhead and her fiance. "Just great" I muttered and the stupid fiance greeted. "If it isn't Ayukawa Ai, long time no see." Shiro smiled. "Hello" I greeted and smiled sarcastically I met the eyes of the redhead. He looked just like when I first saw him. He's back to being the cold dude, huh? "We gotta go" I said, pulling Hinami behind me, Ryu following behind us.

We found the seats and focused on the match. Ryota's team is losing. "Kaijo, time out" I heard the facilitators say. "Ryota! Everyone! Don't you dare give up! I won't forgive you guys!" I shouted and it was obvious that he heard me.

"Congratulations!" I told them as soon as they left the gym. "Let's celebrate! My treat!" Ryota announced. "Ryota, I can't today. I need to go to the office. But can you bring Hinami and Ryu with you instead?" I asked. Ryota just pouted but nodded. "Then, Hinami, Ryu, everyone. Bye" I waved goodbye.