The Bunny Charm Made Me Cry

[Outsider's PoV]

Ai was absent during class today. Kise immediately noticed it and called her on the phone but she wouldn't pick up. 'Maybe something came up in the office' the blondie thought. Tonight is the semi-finals and the finals yet the girl couldn't see it because of work. 'I hate her work' the blondie thought.

He went to the gym to practice. Kasamatsu-senpai was also looking for Ai. He wanted to thank the girl for the training yesterday. The whole team grew fond of the girl, watching them practice in the benches every single day. She would sometimes act like their manager and start handing them towels and drinks.

It was her nature to do so. She got used to her work as the manager back in Rakuzan and without realizing, she brought that habit of hers.

_________________

The time has come for the semi-finals and the finals. Kise still haven't seen the girl he was looking for. She met the girl's friends, Hinami and Ryu. "She told me something's up in the office. But I think she'll come to watch the finals" Hinami told him. He was relieved to hear that the girl is actually coming.

Meanwhile...

"I wonder where's Ai-san" Kuroko looked at the Rakuzan team searching for the familiar girl. "Looking for Ai-cchi?" Kise approached Kuroko as both teams did their warm-ups. "You won't see him in Rakuzan anymore. She transferred in Kaijo. Something came up in her company so you won't see her until the finals." Kise told Kuroko and was surprised about the news.

'Why would she do that?' Kuroko thought. 'She should have her own reasons. But I need to fulfill my promise with her'

[Ayukawa Ai's PoV]

"Did you bring your passport? Your ticket? You brought jackets too, right? You'll call me when you get there?" dad asked all of those questions as I went down the stairs with my suitcase. "Dad, can I watch the finals before I go to the airport? I still have time. The flight is on 6:30 pm and the game starts at 5 and ends at 6:20. I still have 10 minutes." I told dad. He just cupped my face "Sure, but no crying, kay?" he said. I just nodded and brought my suitcase with me.

Dad drove me to the stadium. The two of us went inside to see the finals. It was Seirin vs. Rakuzan. So Ryota lost. I bet he's crying right now. I guess I'll have to call my little childhood friend.

*ring* *ring*

"H-hello?" Ryota answered, sniffing. "So, I heard you lost? I bet you're crying right now" I said. "Ai-cchi?! Where are you? I'm not crying. How's work?" his voice sounded a bit cheerful now but it's nothing compared to his usual. "It's going fine. Stop crying, dude. I thought my little Ryota is a big boy now" I said on the other line. "Hehe~ I'm not a child anymore Ai-cchi." Ryota said on the other line. "Hey, is that Ayukawa?" I heard Kasamatsu-senpai on the background. "Nee Ryota, listen" I said, now sounding serious.

"What is it?" Ryota replied. "Hey, I'm leaving for America this 6:30 so I wanted to say goodbye at least to you." I said looking at my dad. I can't cry. Ai, you can't cry. You have to leave. I decided to stop the call before I start crying.

I stood there near the entrance, enjoying the last time I'm going to see Akashi play. As I thought, I'm still in love with you. "Seirin is losing" I muttered to myself. Then some brown-haired guy shouted, "Go for it, Kuroko!" It made me want to cheer for him too. "Tetsuya-kun! Remember your promise!!" I shouted "Hey, Rakuzan! I don't recall telling you to let your captain do all the work! BAKASHI! Snap out of it you bastard!" I shouted and the players in the court smiled at me. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth. I know they can manage now. "Let's go dad" I told him and we left the stadium.